beach cruiser bb cup won't come off

GoldenMotor.com

rowenj

Sep 29, 2008
Trying to install sick bike parts bottom bracket conversion kit on a schwinn landmark 7 speed beach cruiser but the left side bb cup is stuck. I tried removing it with a hammer and a flathead screw driver but it won't budge, how do i remove it?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Go at it through the opposite side.Set your frame on some blocks of wood and keep hitting it from the inside out( with the screw driver and hammer).Go around hitting it alittle at a time all the way around.Do this a few times.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Forget the screwdriver, you'll be beating on it until the cows come home. Get a good cold steel punch, it'll come right out. Like they say, the right tool for the job.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
When putting the new cup in knock them in flat and flush with piece of two by four wood laid flat against the cups or something similar so you don't damage them with the Steel hammer.

Take your new bearings and use more grease then this guy did in the video. You need to work the grease into the cages of the bearings. Pack them good! I like to use a good marine grade bearing grease. Put a little on the bearing races too.

The bearing cups need to be flush to the frame of the bike when you put the new ones in. Things may settle on you over time just follow the procedure and reset the end play. Enjoy!!

YouTube - Old-School bottom bracket, part 2

YouTube - Bicycle Maintenance Tips : How to Adjust a Bottom Bracket

Last edited: