Motopeds.com bike Santa Cruz ??

GoldenMotor.com

silvaire

Jan 25, 2009
North of the Golden Gate
To me, it seems that someone simply added pedals to a clone of a Honda motorcycle.

If they were doing this for legal reasons to make it a moped, it fails in that respect as it has a 4 speed transmission and mopeds are required to have automatic gearing. There is also the matter of it having 88 cc's of displacement.

There may be some other reasons for the creation of this thing, but if so, I can't see what they might be.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Sounds like a Franco 2 stroke motor on the one. 12hp or more. There are some KTM Clones that make even more power than the Franco. Looks like fun, Looks like a Blast !! Looks like a Bust too. At least where I live, anything over 50cc is a bust here. But. but.On private property, these would be a blast !!! Enjoy the ride..

tordel

Feb 22, 2009
santa cruz
Actually they don't come with any motor. You buy the frame and put whatever motor you want in it.
And you can get the chinese clone motors in a 50cc single speed fully auto version if you wanted to be totally legal. I got a frame about six months ago and I'm running a 88cc big bore kit with a cylinder marked 49cc, havn't been stopped yet.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Think if you look up your states laws you will find Mopeds and Scooters have to have a step through design. If they have a picture of what's legal it always shows a step through, if it doesn't say so outright.

Steve.