I Traded My Son's Used Laptop For A Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to be swift anyway.
Whizzers have a not so good reputation lately. So far mine has only had a few minor challenges. :D
Actually mine just has some corrosion, crumbling fuel hoses and bent throttle cable. Since its purchase in Aug. 2006, "The Whizzard" has only 1048 miles. Oil and fuel filter change for good of service.

I think I'll take the Whizzer bike for a test ride after work..shft.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
...to change the oil - on the exhaust side at the bottom of the engine case there is a allen bolt, get a funnel or something that you can use to catch the oil when it goes out. let it drain out and make sure you tilt the bike over to get every last drop of it out of there. close her up and go to the other side where the dip stick is, fill her up with 8oz of SAE 30 weight oil.
Spot on except for the weight of the oil. The Whizzer manual specifies SAE 40 weight only. Lighter oils or multi viscosity oils will most likely exit the breather far too rapidly.
Take a look at your lifters (you'll need to take the side plate off to do that - best to do once the oil is drained). Check to see if they are mushroom lifters or the original lifters with the softened tips. The original style lifters don't last very long - mine needed to be replaced at 300 miles. I know one guy who has a lifter that got hammered so badly just through normal use it ended up 1/8 inch shorter than the other.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I noticed on the ID plate on the frame a "WC-2" at the lower right corner. I have no clue if the engine has softies or what. I THINK it's a 2000. :D

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I noticed on the ID plate on the frame a "WC-2" at the lower right corner. I have no clue if the engine has softies or what. I THINK it's a 2000. :D
If your bike is a 2000, you wouldn't have the soft lifters. They were introduced when they switched to the higher lift cam on the NE-5 engine for the 2005 model year.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Ok, Thanks for that news about the lifters.
As for the Whizzer story, I'll write it out on notepad or word.
It is a twisted tale of treasures, trials and tribulations.
With a little spooky stuff thrown in. I can't believe what that bike has brought into my life since I rescued it (her). The various people that have stopped to ask me about it and they're opinions about it. I know I referred to her as a stallion, but that was metaphorically. :D

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Today I logged 25 miles on "The Whizzard"'s maiden voyage. Thankfully the bike charged the weak battery. Engine performed very well, considering it sat neglected for months.dance1

In fact EVERYTHING worked well, except for the brakes.

Not as quick as my twin-engined monsters...yet. That's a good thing, cuz stopping isn't up to par.

Need better brakes and more gearing for crankset or rear sprocket..duh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------