How do I get my NT carb to idle

GoldenMotor.com

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
I have just finished my first build, and ridden maybe 8 miles. The Dax 69cc China Doll motor seems to run fine but will not idle. If I pull in the clutch, the engine dies. Is there an idle screw on an NT carb? And which way do I turn it?

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Also make sure you do something to keep that screw in place(either a safety wire or wingnut). I lost mine early on so I now have to adjust the idle with the throttle cable. I ain't paying $9 shipping for a stinkin' screw!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
If you slowly pull the clutch in and only pull it in about 1/3-1/2 way in, it should idle. I have to do that for my 66cc china girl to idle. These engines tend to think idling is like a foreign language to them. lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you slowly pull the clutch in and only pull it in about 1/3-1/2 way in, it should idle. I have to do that for my 66cc china girl to idle. These engines tend to think idling is like a foreign language to them. lol
Your clutch isn't going to last too long with that method. Find and fix your idle problem. Set up and adjusted correctly these little engines will idle all day long.
Tom

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Ive tried adjusting these nt carbs since i first got one. And ive replaced it with a new one. Ive tried the idle screw. Ive sealed every joint and hole and still no difference. Ive been using the clutch method ever since i got my engine and its never failed or complained. Ive tried every suggestion on this forum about this issue and nothing has changed. So i have given into my engines stubberness and let it be. I improvise.

Last edited: