Someone Looking for a BIG OCC Stingray?

GoldenMotor.com

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I have a friend here that collects hundreds of older bicycles but doesn't motorize them. He found this nice stingray (see picture) and asked me if anyone would like to have it to motorize ...

Regular OCC up front and the one he wants to sell in the background. He didn't say what he wanted out of it but he is really fair. I know because I have bought bikes off of him before.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I have a friend here that collects hundreds of older bicycles but doesn't motorize them. He found this nice stingray (see picture) and asked me if anyone would like to have it to motorize ...

Regular OCC up front and the one he wants to sell in the background. He didn't say what he wanted out of it but he is really fair. I know because I have bought bikes off of him before.
birdmannn101, wow thanks for posting this.

1. Is it possible you could arrange shipping for a forum member?

2. Could you provide pictures of this bike, it appears to be the Schwinn StingRay " XL Chopper Bicycle " your friend is selling, pictures pictures pictures please.

I just recently found an XL Chopper in Harrisburg, PA for $225.00 in mint condition, and I will be adding a 5-Speed Rear Disc brake Electric Powered rear hub from Pedalchopper.com for my XL StingRay Chopper Bicycle.

Shipping could be arranged by www.uship.com you get offers from Truckers for fantastic prices for shipping heavy bicycles.

See attached pictures of the XL StingRay Chopper Adult Size!

Last Thumbnail is Original Patent Holder & Designer of Adult Size Schwinn StingRay & XL & Spoiler Model Chopper Bicycles from Schwinn Bicycles. He still owns many of the Prototypes of these original Adult Size Schwinn Chopper Bicycles.

C.H.

Attachments

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hey Birdmann101 Where is the bike located? I'm in Northern California, 96001 zip code. Thinking of shipping charges. *IF* I could get that adult OCC I would install one of Jim (Pedalechoppers) Roo engine on it.
Those Screaming Roo motors are sure getting some reviews!
Smooth as silk....

jmason92

Apr 8, 2016
Lawton, OK

5hp Briggs motorcycle build is starting to come together in the head now, just need to source an engine, a CVT that is good up to at least 40hp, a jackshaft to replace the pedals with, a big rear sprocket for torque, as well as disk brakes front and rear, mirrors, and the necessary lighting and a tag holder to make it legal, and a twist throttle, brake lever for for handling both brakes, a killswitch of some type to go on the left handlebar as well, and, if possible with the flathead Briggs motors, a kickstarter, and an OCC Stingray frame, as well as some paint and tan canvas. Heavy-duty motorcycle rims would also be needed.

Theme I'm envisioning here is a WW2 theme, which would entail painting both the engine block and the frame and rims military green, using blackwall off-road tires, removing the original seat upholstery and replacing that with tan canvas, and finally, painting the tailpipe black and stenciling a star on either side of the gas tank.

Of course before all that, I'll have to get licensed, and then save up for the parts for said build.

Basically, this is the type of style I want to recreate, just with a Stingray frame, and a 206cc single-cylinder Briggs engine, finding a way to expose the block, also, no gears, because CVT.

Last edited: