52cc Predator Auger Powered BMX FOR SALE

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Motorized BMX with 52cc Predator Auger drivetrain with pumper carburetor, fast, fun, revs to 12500+ RPM, climbs steep hills, peels out and pops wheelies, bottom bracket gears can be flip-flopped for high speed gearing for kart track racing! It's got a digital tach/hour meter with bars that go across the dash as the revs increase. Suspension seatpost to keep yer junk intact over the rough stuff. About 14 Hours on bike and engine, perfect for pit bike or alternative to pocket bike since its street legal as a stand up scooter. Always kept inside so its clean and rust free like new. The transmission is filled with Mobil1 gear lube. The bike weighs 55lbs and has approximately 4 HP, way better power to weight ratio than most mopeds out there, maneuvers and stops on a dime, and way more stable at high speed than a traditional Goped style scooter. Engine modifications for X1/X2/X3/Cateye/X7 pocket bikes will fit this particular engine, and there is even a 72cc big-bore top end kit for Ice Augers that will fit! The gas tank can be removed from the bottle holder for upside-down servicing of the bike like a regular pedal bicycle, without worrying about gas spills.

As a stand up scooter, you will need a helmet and valid driver's license to ride on the street.

$900 OBO, serious inquiries only please, cash in hand to test ride. I'm in Marin County, just north of SF. I have a spare auger transmission, two spare clutches, knobbie tires, 410H nickel plated chain, and 16t Excess brand freewheel sprocket for the transmission that I can include for the asking price. I can ship the bike with the wheels and bars off, but it's 55 lbs, so it won't be cheap.

You can check out the build at http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45772&page=14 to see what is involved in building a bike like this, and hence the reasonable asking price for a basically brand-new high performance stand-up scooter.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've still got it up for sale, so if you're looking for a rock solid reliable bike that fits in the back seat of your car and rips hard like a 50cc GP bike, this is the one for you!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Shoot, I enjoy this bike so much, it's been the most reliable gas motorized bicycle I've ever experienced. I'm contemplating whether I should lower the price to make her move, or just keep it and keep modding, I found a monster cylinder kit that might fit that would up the displacement over 70cc's for plonking torque and another kit for RC that has water-cooling which could mean some fine-edge tuning to squeeze more power out in the higher revs.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
The bike now has a Briggs lawnmower style screw on muffler, an intake silencer airbox, longer all metal brake levers, and unfortunately the electronic tach stopped working, its not necessary on a single speed. The engine has approximately 16 hours on it, and its running strong. This would make a good trials or trail bike for somebody who lives near OHV trails.

$700 OBO

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'm putting a 72cc top end on this thing and re-gearing for 40 mph if nobody buys this bulletproof bike. It runs awesome and can turn 10k all day, but it's one of my simplest bikes and I'm planning on keeping the complex ones since they took more effort to get sorted. This bike has been my most reliable gas bike only rivaled by my electric dirt bike. I would like to have the thrill of building something new and can only have so many bikes. 500 firm, bike is about 55 lb for shipping quote from San Leandro, CA and it will fit on a pallet or in a bike box.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
It will do 35 with the two freewheel sprockets swapped or 25 and have the torque to climb the steepest grades. I have it set up for climbing since I used to be to ride the squiggly back roads in the hills of Marin.