aaa!

GoldenMotor.com

apulvers

May 21, 2012
Salem, or
Hello from Salem, Or! I have been following the forum for a few Weeks now and just finished my first build- a huffy Panama jack with a 66cc motor kit. I read alot of bad things about huffy, but this bike has been just fine. My problem has been the crappy parts from the kit. Out of the box my throttle casing with the kill switch was broken and the kit was missing several screws. After getting around several obstacles (including accidentally disassembling the rear wheel hub, ruining it, and having to buy a whole new back wheel) I finally got my bike running. I got to ride it for about two days before the muffler fell out and one of the studs mounting it to the frame snapped off. I am now severely discouraged but haven't given up! I bought 5 pieces of sheet metal with the intent of making some sort of cradle for the motor. Before I spend the next 18 hours scraping my knuckles andcrying in the mirror does anyone have any helpful advice? Thank you!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. If I might suggest, use the Google Custom Search feature to answer any question you might have. If you can't find the answer we're always here to offer advice.
Specifically what are you having problems with? Engine mounts? The Panama Jack is a cruiser frame with a larger down tube. They often require a special front engine mount. Try looking in the 'Mounting' section for what others have done. Again, try the 'Search' and type in keyword, "Panama Jack" to see what other members have done with their Huffys.
Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.
Tom

apulvers

May 21, 2012
Salem, or
thank you for the quick response! Sorry I was on the mobile at work so it was really hard to type that out. The bike was running fine, I had the engine mounted great. I did have to drill through the frame in order to get it on there, but so far no repercussions for that. The problem is the stud for the clamp on the side I didn't drill through. It snapped off inside the motor and I can't get it out. I have looked around and asked at all the local hardware store around here but people keep giving very vague advice on how to tap the screw and how incredible difficult and unlikely of success it is. So now I'm looking into making some sort of mount for the motor to rest in on one side UNLESS someone has gone through this traumatic experience and has some expert advice :-||. Here is a picture of the bike. I will post a picture asap of the stud that snapped off in the motor.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Take a look through some of these posts > http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...erated#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=broken stud&gsc.page=1 Broken studs are not uncommon. I hope you aren't using any rubber or resilient material in your mounts. That will increase your chances of fastener failure. Also don't overtighten things. That can get you into trouble too. Sorry we didn't get to you before you drilled your frame. There are better ways.

Tom