Place to find a GT-2 50cc angle plug engine kit.

GoldenMotor.com

Redrum

Aug 29, 2009
United States of America
Hello all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'd like to find out where one can purchase the Grubee GT-2 (as opposed to the GT-2A) 50 cc engine in a kit. This engine features the cast iron sleeve, revised carb and ports, and uses the HD case.

Are there equivalent brands to this that are even better quality? I've heard Grubee is good, but I'm not committed to it so if there is something better, please let me know.

THX, Redrum.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I believe usabikemotors has the Grubee GenII- at least they did have quite a few a couple of weeks when I talked to them. I can't offer any feedback on the engine or vendor as I went with a different kit.
USABikeMotors.com, Star-Fire Motors and Parts

I think boygofast on ebay offers a similar design but it is not a Grubee branded engine. Once again, I can't offer personal feedback on the vendor or kit. Search 49cc slant engine on ebay.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
The guys at usabikemotors are rather nice. I spoke to them at lengths prior to purchase. At that time they were out of stock of larger engines but had a decent stock of GenII.

FYI-the GenII require the flange mount carb which I don't see readily available from most vendors.