carb needle clip

GoldenMotor.com

bgoates

Mar 3, 2008
I was changing the slot on my carb needle and the clip went flying and I can't find it !! Is this a common part that a motorcycle shop might have ? Any other ideas where I might get one without having to buy a complete carb ?

Thanks

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you have an automotive fasteners in your town its where I got mine. I took the needle with me. You can try the motorcycle shop I would call them and any lawn mower supply house as well. Of course it seems to me the lawn mower shop did not have them. It was automotive fasteners.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Pablo
Looks like you are having a dilemma. I have your old carb here and I've found the problem took about 5 minutes to repair, do you want me to send it back? You and I did talk about low earth orbit for it.rotfl
I have your return address on the box and that is where I'll send it to unless you want it sent somewhere else. Let me know. As for the clip auto parts and cycle shops will have them they are called an e-clip I think. as for the size tell them its extra small.:confused:
Have a great day my friend.
Norman

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pablo
Looks like you are having a dilemma. I have your old carb here and I've found the problem took about 5 minutes to repair, do you want me to send it back? You and I did talk about low earth orbit for it.rotfl
I have your return address on the box and that is where I'll send it to unless you want it sent somewhere else. Let me know. As for the clip auto parts and cycle shops will have them they are called an e-clip I think. as for the size tell them its extra small.:confused:
Have a great day my friend.
Norman

I have no dilemma??:confused: Just trying to help Mr. Goates out. Yes - it's an E clip.

As for my old carb - hang on to it for now. Maybe someone will be needing a carb and you can send that one to them, when they send their screwy carb to you!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Excellent idea. Loaner parts to test your bike. If yours is bad pay the repair bill if not simply return the parts. Trust is a good thing.

Since those needles seem to be a problem, one of us should buy a couple that are the right size to do that with as well. got a carb problem here try this. If it helps send me a couple of bucks if not send it back.

Last edited:

bgoates

Mar 3, 2008
I tried five places and nobody had eclips that small. So I called my engine supplier and they are going to ship me one free of charge.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I didn't think it was as easy as everybody thought. I had a heck of a time till I went to automotive fasteners. they took the clip then disappeared back to the supply room for about then minutes. I bought an extra one so I was sure not to lose the first one. If I buy one, I am sure as heck going to drop it to.