Drill 'em?

GoldenMotor.com

OC-CA

Aug 26, 2013
Calif
Lurking and studying stuff here for weeks. Finishing up my first build on a new La Jolla soon and then want to start a build in a Dyno. I am not looking for speed but only pick up so I bought a 50 and a 56 sprocket. The 56 has the same bolt pattern diameter as my existing 44 tooth but the 50 tooth is smaller. ??

Should I re drill the 9 holes in between the existing ones or try and locate a smaller rag joint? I see many rear sprockets on this forum that have been drilled for looks, possibly lightening etc. just didn't know if this would be a problem in between the existing hole pattern.

So far four new motorized bicycles are in this neighborhood, and hope to get more involved.

Thanks, Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Lurking and studying stuff here for weeks. Finishing up my first build on a new La Jolla soon and then want to start a build in a Dyno. I am not looking for speed but only pick up so I bought a 50 and a 56 sprocket. The 56 has the same bolt pattern diameter as my existing 44 tooth but the 50 tooth is smaller. ??

Should I re drill the 9 holes in between the existing ones or try and locate a smaller rag joint? I see many rear sprockets on this forum that have been drilled for looks, possibly lightening etc. just didn't know if this would be a problem in between the existing hole pattern.

So far four new motorized bicycles are in this neighborhood, and hope to get more involved.

Thanks, Tom
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I have a bunch of the smaller rag joints and would trade you for your larger set.

OC-CA

Aug 26, 2013
Calif
Could you sell me one? I will likely need the larger on for the 44 tooth and 56 tooth sprocket swap should I need to do that getting the bike all dialed in. Anaheim is not too far from me here in CM/NB. Also the width of the rear triangle may be a problem so I may have to retain the 44 tooth sprocket to get the chain to clear the stays. Bending is out of the question on this frame being AL. Won't know till I try.

Lt me know if I can buy one from you. Also signed up fro the newsletter. Looking forward to it.

Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Come on out to the next race on saturday September 7th at
Willow Springs and I will give you a set. :D

Hopefully your hub is small enough that the smaller pattern bolt
holes don't hit it.

If that doesn't work for you send me a PM with your phone #