Cylinder Tank

GoldenMotor.com

EliRush

Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
Hi all, where does one find the cylinder tank that I see some people sporting, behind the seat (preferably wrapped in leather or nylon)? Searched here but couldn't come up with anything...ebay, too.

Only need about 1 to 1.5 gallons of gas, and I really don't dig the standard tank that comes with the kits.

Thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Many of the ones you see were fabricated by the bike builder. Small fire extinguishers, compressed gas cylinders, even soup cans have been used to make behind-the-seat fuel tanks. Use your imagination and show us what you come up with.

Tom

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
If you have fabrication skills you can make one out of this. After the welding/fabrication is done place the label back on and you will really have a "gas" powered bike.

EliRush

Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
I don't have much in the way of welding skills, but I am willing to try the can fab. I would use a small propane torch and some solder...that would stand up to gasoline?

All I would really need is the top hole to fill and a bottom hole for drain...I could shake the beans out of the top hole and not even open the can up?

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
No need to open can. Just drill the hole for the petcock and fill hole. You can shake and rinse them out. I would recommend NOT eating them though if you use this method. For good measure, you can seal it with caswell too.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
A gallon is a pretty big tank. But if you do want to go that big, I always thought that the Heineken keg can would make a cool looking tank. It's 5 liters (about 1.3 gal). I think they're made of aluminum - which is nice, unless you need to solder on it.

After just looking at pics on google, the 5-liter Becks keg looks better and I'd rather drink Becks than Hiney.

Last edited: