Motorized 1930s Schwinn Board Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's some quick pix of a bike I've been slowly working on... It's a 1930s Schwinn 'C' Model.
It's powder coated Emerald Green, & I just scored some Felt 1903 wheels & tires for it; so I thought I would take some pix.
I also have a one of a kind 'in frame' tank that CCC made for it! (^)

I'll post more pix real soon. :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Are the tires felt as well ? if not where might we be to purchase them and what would be the cost ?? went through the Felt catolog last night and didn't see those tires anywhere I like those

Last edited:

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Norm,

These can be ordered from Pedals bicycle shop in Riverside, Ca. They only take a day or two to come in (I think Felt is in San Dimas?). Are they 26 x 2.35?
I saw them on a wide wheel and they looked AWESOME!

P.S I am a friend of Chris (Robertriley) and it is a tradition that we bag on each other. Dan is building one for me now. I know you stop by his place sometimes. Please, no spy photos for Chris.

:) Kris

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We finally got around to doing more work on the green Schwinn...
Where the seat is being held, I want to cut off the seat tube of the frame so the seat will drop all the way down into that pocket of the frame & tire.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I see you've changed the tires, the cream colored tires looked so sweet!!
Might I suggest a Gyes leather saddle, Yah I'm always preaching on them but a GS-12 would look sooooo!!!! SSwwweeett!! www.crowcycleco.com is where you can find them,I've got five and they are comfortable and top Quality! they come in 4-colors
brn,blk,hny and natural.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I got the seat done & some temporary bars installed today.
I cut & welded a super 'lay back' seat post to get the seat so low.
I'm really liking the way this is turning out! (^)

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm going to suggest a heresy. What about a pair of curved stays from the rear wheel spindle up to the back to the seat? It looks unsupported and unfinished to me right now.