my henderson tribute

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
The henderson project

Facebook

Here's a pic of the frame that I had posted on the facebook page for here and I am mounting a 3 hp techumseh with belt drive. I have decided to build this at the sae time as my dad is restoring his 1963 plymouth gtx (he'll hav all his sheetmetal working tools and stuff out.) I have a neat old glass~bowl fuel filter off my cub cadet (engine died) to use on it. I've also got a thread about it on ratrodbikes.dance1

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Well,I've tried to post pics but the menu dosent agree with my cellphone. Just now I've had tomake a fewchanges to the motr mount and to put it in a nutshell, it resembles the way you mounted the motor in your bsa goldy.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Yep, but I had to change the botom part, now I have a "U" shaped piece of 1 inch tube in there that is welded to the peddal crank. I'm using two ¼ inch strips of steel (with tiny gussets, my dad insisted on the gussets) for the motor mount. The forks I'm altering from a pair of 10 speed forks so they will accept a 24x3 inch felt thick brick and so the legs are straight. I haven't decided on a seat yet, so I'll haf to order a hairpin from somehwere.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Thanks, dad said tha my grandpa hd found it at a auction. I was thinking of having a carved down brake lever conected to the release so I could just crank it up and grab the lever and start it up likethat! Again, grandpa helped me with a project. :)

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
143-604012
0175 02825

Serial numbers for the engine, I am using. It has a diaphram carb. And the intake is to the rear but exaust is facing out from the left of the engine above the cluch.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Would a pair of coke-bottl grips fit onto a throttle twist easily?
I have put coke bottle grips on a plastic twist throttle. It did not go on easy, and getting it off may be impossible without destroying the twist grip, but it did go on. I boiled the grip in water for a while to soften it up. Then some soapy water and lots of elbow grease got it on.

These were 7/8" grips. If you could get a 1" grip for the throttle side then it would go on much easier. Most motorcycle grips are 1".

Gilbert

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Allright, thnks I'll look around for a pair o them online for cheap. I remember there was a sight that sold reproduction hairspring saddles for the old highwheelers, sound familiar to anyone?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Charlie the only one for those seats that comes to mind quick for me is pistonbikes, I have one its beautiful.
Gary

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
I chcked and I like it! And on Chubbys Cruisers they have a boatload of parts that I'm prbably going to need. (If me and my dad can't make them). So, on the weekend I'll whip up a jig to get the bike level at 26 inches even though I may run felt thick brick's on it. Anyone want to buy a redline diamond back frame? It was my first non walmart bmx bike but theforks ar scraped. I think its a 82 bu I'm not shure. Its just a frame.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Tgif the 13th!! Its allways my lucky day.
(Only problem wasme andmy friends got lost in the labryinth of 4 unused floors in ithe highschool for like 2½ hours) but, tomarow I will make the jig and try to talk my dad into welding it for me. I've figured out how to enshure the frame to be straight with my laser pointer. (5$at walmart). Are there any all cream 26 inch tires that are above 2.125? Ivefound the felt thick bricks but they only come in 24.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
well, ive been drafted into building the high milage car at school so i can use the shcools tools to make most of the bike. and plus my dad wont be there to tell me it wont work every 30 seconts.laff

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Hehehehe, guess what I found; on Memory Lane Classics they have both indian and henderson decals about 5$ And coke-bottle grips and the big <waves arms crazily> hairpin springy seats. I sold the bmx frame but found a new one, five miles down the road I got.calls from random people offering crazy money for it. Turns out one that still had the.rear fender is going for.900+ on here: Budget Bicycle Center - 1979 Old School NFL brand Sears Roebuck Free Spririt MX bmx bicycle bike chrome so,that really made my day.

On tuesday I will be beginning to weld the frame at school because dad decided to.buy new kitchen cabnets and store them right where I had the frame set up. Thinking about making two tanks and have one say henderson and the other say "minneapolis" the minneapolis was made here in mn but then was bought by flying merkel, or indian not shure. They made a 4 hp single with a 2 speed gearbox