Bike won't start

GoldenMotor.com

wthomas

Oct 10, 2010
Fast lane
Hi guys!

Been trying to get my engine working for days now but I can't find the problem!

My set up:

Engine: 80CC 2-Stroke china girl
Spark plug: ITC B7HS (Stock plug broke, switched to this one but never got it running)
It doesn't spark when I hold it against the engine itself, it looks like the small clip holding the spark plug in the cap is missing because it sits there pretty loose. I tried putting some tin foil in the cap but still no spark!

I've disconnected the kill switch, checked my wiring and made sure the wires are still connected to the mag. I'll check for continuity with my ohm tester tomorrow but was wondering if you guys could give me any tips?

Running a 24:1 ratio, I also noticed there is unburned fuel leaking out of my exhaust :-||
I've opened up the carb, looked for anything out of the order but I believe it was all okay.

Any advice appreciated!

Should I also post some pics? If it helps, I'll post them tomorrow!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you could try replacing the plug wire if you think yours is damaged. a good auto parts store (i prefer local stores instead of autozones and kragens) should have a 7mm, copper core, non-resistance wire. a lawnmower shop should have one, too.

the plug wire just unscrews from the CDI. it might seem stuck, or it might be glued in, but they do come out. there's just a screw in there that penetrates into the wire.

wthomas

Oct 10, 2010
Fast lane
you could try replacing the plug wire if you think yours is damaged. a good auto parts store (i prefer local stores instead of autozones and kragens) should have a 7mm, copper core, non-resistance wire. a lawnmower shop should have one, too.

the plug wire just unscrews from the CDI. it might seem stuck, or it might be glued in, but they do come out. there's just a screw in there that penetrates into the wire.
Thanks for that! The plug wire in the CDI was actually pretty loose! I tightened it again and fired right up! Woo, took me a week but it's finally working again!
Thanks a bunch!