carburatour

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
It depends the tilt level. A pic would help a bunch. But, it should be as level in all directions as it can. Maybe 20 Degrees max? Thats just a guess. mines tilted with the filter upward and it runs fine. Any one else have an opinion?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Level is best but not absolutely necessary. Tilted front to back will have less effect than side to side. Because the float touches the hinge and therefore the needle valve on the right side, leaning the carb to the left will raise the float level; conversely, leaning to the right will lower it. You have to consider that when riding around turns the carb is not level but leans with the bike therefore complete level isn't as important as it might seem. Just don't go to extremes and use common sense.
Tom

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Tom nailed it,I've been up steep hills,to steep downhills,to very tight cornering,and never had trouble with the carb,as longs as it's not off sku to dramacticly,it should be fine,Also use a little oldfashine trail and error,it wont hurt nothing.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
It appears the float rides on two lower fingers on the needle/seat lever alowing a small amount of pivit of the float,,I would think that if the "float bowl were removed" and with the "carb up-side down" ,and the "float layed "gently" on the two fingers" of the needle/seat that you could get a reasonable acceptance angle from the angle of the float to the angle of the gasket surface of the carb,"kids protractor" will be good enough,,now the carb. can be mounted at "any angle closer to level" on the bike than that measurement of the float",Also the closer "to level" mounting of the carb allows operating the bike up/down steeper hills with out the float closing the needle/valve "too soon" (starving for fuel),or "too late" (flooding the carb)"both ways not any good for powering out of a situation" IT should take care of any float sticking problem also(check the jet for tight,(,goes through center of the float),, while in there.
Thanks,Gene
sorry I dont know how to under line words

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
a slight tilt wont bother anything! I run two bikes that have tilted carb-never had a problem with it yet! Common Sense should tell you when enough is enough!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Surf did you get the rear mount insert, the halve moon piece? that wraps around the seat tube if this is not installed it would explain the clutch arm hitting the seat tube and this tilt problem. Also you should have gotten the intake manifold in the kit. check with you dealer.

steve