Racing mufflers, porting, and why?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hey I'm looking for more of a deep tune sound I am pullung the stock weed eater muffler and also need to port polishdrn2 any ideas?

Last edited:

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
An SBP pipe makes a good sound. Most people run the 50$ expansion chamber thats readily available. im about to run a Pro Jet Pipe

http://www.bikeberry.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=chamber&x=0&y=0

http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/category_s/24.htm

http://scooterpartsdepot.com/web_gas/47cc_Jet_Pipe.htm

There are a few good threads on porting, just start searching. You essentially need a dremel/rotary tools with various bits, and some sandpaper(s), etc.

get to learning a lot and watch others, before you mess up your motor by removing too much material from a port : )

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
An SBP pipe makes a good sound. Most people run the 50$ expansion chamber thats readily available. im about to run a Pro Jet Pipe

http://www.bikeberry.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=chamber&x=0&y=0

http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/category_s/24.htm

http://scooterpartsdepot.com/web_gas/47cc_Jet_Pipe.htm

There are a few good threads on porting, just start searching. You essentially need a dremel/rotary tools with various bits, and some sandpaper(s), etc.

get to learning a lot and watch others, before you mess up your motor by removing too much material from a port : )[/QUOTE

Sorry wife just peed me off a tiny bit meanwhile I'm operating 1 cyl and she is talking about bills like i don't give all my money up as it is I settled for not wanting 8 cyl trucks anymore so I chose 2 stroke and she yalks about my rig like a dog. If I have to buy fuel for my rig which is 6 times less then her truck consumes or possiably higher I am buying it with my money. Infact I can say at most of the money I spend on a monthly adverage is less then 10 bucks in a months radius on donuts which cost 50 cents a pop and up to 10 dollars per 2 weeks depending on rather I want to buy dually cigs which allow me to go from regular to menthol pther then that I don't spend a dang cent on nothing, I will give up on my love of donuts just to have my gas ratio. Further more if I have to cut my prices in half, I will go back to rollies just to keep my self happy in 2015.

Anyway i don't need anything high fangled, just a simple 20 dollar muffler something that won't rust and fall off in a couple weeks time.

I prefer a nice growl like a motorcycle

Grooom bloom bloam bloanm bloam... Vrooaaaaaaahhhwahhhh.bf.

Btw meet lami She runs that makes me merry and everywhere I go lami fallows.

excuse the dirt please just been moist and a bit rainy

Last thing for those bills ill throw the cash at these companies before I go broke

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Look for a local chinese scooter/moper/atv store. They almost always have various two stroke pipes from parts bikes and you can find one for little cash. I have made several for my in frame chinadoll from $10 pocketbike pipes from a scooter store junkpile.
Might even find a goped pipe that fits your engine with no mods, but it's not too hard to take it to a muffler shop to get a proper flange for your engine added to your pipe.
Look around and you should be able to find something that works on your engine. Remember, it doesn't matter what it comes off of, your engine will not care or notice. A good small expansion chamber really helps the power on a weedeater based build.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Look for a local chinese scooter/moper/atv store. They almost always have various two stroke pipes from parts bikes and you can find one for little cash. I have made several for my in frame chinadoll from $10 pocketbike pipes from a scooter store junkpile.
Might even find a goped pipe that fits your engine with no mods, but it's not too hard to take it to a muffler shop to get a proper flange for your engine added to your pipe.
Look around and you should be able to find something that works on your engine. Remember, it doesn't matter what it comes off of, your engine will not care or notice. A good small expansion chamber really helps the power on a weedeater based build.[/
QUOTE]

Right now I think I make 41.56 mpg, I need higher mpg as a rule pf the thumb can someone help me make sure this is a accurate find.

I will be droving 4.3 to 5.0 miles a day and premix will cost me $35.00 bi weekly. In tje second week I will be changing to moxong myself that way I can spend 15 for 3+ gallons of fuel + oil container that will measure out exactly 20 bucks.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
That mpg is not good you really should be getting better
In other calulations it says I get 248.56, mpg of a 6 pack 192oz total

Had google calulate two different proceedures its probabpy because I am waiting on SLOW behind ebay package I've been waiting sense december for a imported peg says jan 8 tp 24 on my order, like I saod running a socket not very efficient. But she drives til the peg comes in.

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
yeah, dirt is right you should be getting at least around 80-90 if even if you're running rich.
what tank do you have? the welds busted on my stock tank, so i just got the bigger 2.5 L one.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
yeah, dirt is right you should be getting at least around 80-90 if even if you're running rich.
what tank do you have? the welds busted on my stock tank, so i just got the bigger 2.5lone.
I got the janky stock 10 oz container it calculators say I get 74 mpg per gallon.

I am converting a true fuel container 32oz to gas tank my thing is will I have to add extra top seals that way I can remove the old janky one. Possiably I am going to do 50/50 this month that way I can have 3x 32 oz mounted on the front.

Last edited: