tandem truck bike

GoldenMotor.com

PhillyJ

Oct 1, 2012
st george utah
Hey, I've been thinking about taking a tandem bicycle, and rather than a back seat, build a pick up bed and mount it back there, and put the engine underneath the bed. I've been looking online for a while to see if there is something like this and cant find one, if someone knows of one built, please let me know w/pics, I just want to see how/if someone else has done this. thanks

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Something like this?

DSC01156.JPG

This was made from a regular bike front end with a homemade rear end. In order to make a flatbed work you really need to use a 20" wheel to get the load as low as possible.

PhillyJ

Oct 1, 2012
st george utah
Yeah, I'd like to do something very similar to that, did you build that yourself? good call on the 20 inch wheel, that makes complete sense, and would of been one of those things that i would have overlooked. What kind of engine is on that bike?

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
It has a 49cc HuaSheng 4 cycle. It has a 5:1 gearbox that runs into a jackshaft so that it can motor, motor and pedal and pedal. It was built by a guy in Poulsbo, WA and I got it from him.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Such a cool idea. Very nice bike there mabman.
I say go for it PhillyJ, you sure won't pull up next to another one at a stopsign...