Dirt riding???

GoldenMotor.com

topdog13

Feb 13, 2011
PA
Is it bad to ride my bike on the column banks just the dirt trails and stuff no jumps it will break my exhaust and I have everything with lock tite so if it's ok please tell me some stuff I should check or do first

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
i agree if you break it it will be something minor if its put together right don't jump or slide i weigh 240 and can break the strongest of spokes doing that

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I would agree...The spokes are important to keep an eye on. Make sure your wheels spin true and then check them periodically.

I run a lot of trails when I ride and the last rear wheel I had on, although it spun true, still had a problem with breaking spokes and they were the stainless ones. I soon started carrying extra spokes I got off a junked wheel then. I cut the nubs off and pre-bent them so if I fixed them on the road, without taking the wheel off, I could replace them with the help of some vice grips.

dnut

topdog13

Feb 13, 2011
PA
Should I get fenders and will mud/water ruin it not like mud bogging but splashing threw it

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Mud & water won't ruin anything, but ya might wanna consider the plastic "clip-on" fenders (doesn't matter if they break) jus' ta keep stuff outa yer face ;)

topdog13

Feb 13, 2011
PA
Tyvm I'll get some and Ty everyone for the help if it's not cold today I'm goin in the woods to ride