Throttle cable nipple thing

GoldenMotor.com

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
I ordered some new handles for my bike, and the throttle cable needs the little nipples on the end that goes into the carb. At the moment I'm using a brake cable nipple wihch has been cut/filed down, but I know this will break off easy. What should I use?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks man. Would I be able to do this with a normal soldering iron?
Yes, but clean the cable with a good degreasing solvent before applying the heat or flux. An electric soldering gun/iron works great. As with any soldering process cleanliless is essential to a good solder joint.
Tom

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Yes, but clean the cable with a good degreasing solvent before applying the heat or flux. An electric soldering gun/iron works great. As with any soldering process cleanliless is essential to a good solder joint.
Tom
I'll be buying a new cable when I do it. I consider myself a soldering pro, as I wired my own guitar ;)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
If you're going to buy a new cable, why not buy a cable that already has a small end for the carb, there sold for $5-10 on the sites that sell engine kits.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Norms video was helpful its a piece of cake real easy. One can break a stock cable around 2000 miles... Done it.