Engine is not getting fuel???

GoldenMotor.com

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
Ok, I'm wearing out my clutch because I'm pedaling a mile at a time to get the dang thing started. My original CDI worked for about 120-140 miles (I'd have to check my records) and then choked. from day one it started in about 30' I didn't realize the CDI went bad except that I had to pedal about 1/4 a mile to start and now I'm up to a mile. The new CDI is firing all the time via a check last night with the plug grounded to the engine (I tried multiple plugs inside and outside the engine).

Now every time I pull a plug it's dry??? I put the choke on, I press the little plunger on the side and nothing? I have a great seal from the intake to the motor and I'm wondering if my seal from the carb to the intake manifold is allowing air in even though its a super tight fit and I tighten the clamp down really well... I have the C-clip on the #2 setting and am thinking of moving it to 3 then 4 to see if I can get some fuel in the cyl. Any ideas? Bueller?
:-||

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
The other day fuel was flowing everywhere and I found the culprit
a tiny piece of fabric from those fabric style gaskets.

I've removed the jet and blown through it so I can see perfectly but still nothing...

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
With the petcock open, disconnect and reconnect the fuel line really fast. I have what you're describing on my bike too and that seemed to fix it, apparently it's because the carb got varnished up from gas being left in there. I haven't brought my bike out yet, but when I do I'm gonna use a little carb cleaner and see if that frees it up. Kinda sucks having to spill a little gas to get the bike started...

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I don't have a regular gas tank on my bike, I have a 1 gallon plastic fuel tank and my bike hasn't sat long enough to get varnish in any part as I've been working on it and riding since I got it a month or so ago. I will break out some carb cleaner when I get home and blast it silly when I move the c-clip back down to #3 position.