strang performance

GoldenMotor.com

ej8thor

Feb 14, 2010
Canada
well i have a 80cc/66cc motor kit in my bike which i just replaced the head with the slant head, cns carburetor and a sbp expansion chamber
now when i tuned the carb i let it idle for about 4 or 5 min to let the motor warm up i then pulled the plug and gave it a quick clean so that when i tune the motor its warm and doesn't have a fouled plug
i set the air/fuel and then the idle and run it for a few minutes and it sounded great revved nice and i pulled the plug a nice colour no real build up of oil on it i go to take it for a spin loads of power but a few minutes into the run it start to loose almost all power it will idle but it seems as though as soon as i go to give it full throttle at about half throttle it just makes a lot of intake noise and doesn't continue to rev like its being held back i pull the plug still a nice colour i am running 32-1 for my mix on 91 octane i pulled off the filter and that didn't help i checked my petcock filter clear and my inline filter is clear i can't find any place for a intake leak i have no idea what to do ill post a video up later on this morning of it thanks

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
So what's the plug look like now?

dont bother tuning it for idle, ride it can you tell if its 4 stroking or leaning out do a plug chop and check it over and over again. the plug is your guide for tuning the carb. have you Re-jetted it?? Also you should adjust the air/fuel on the fly but keep in mind if its overly rich or overly lean that screw wont do anything.

Last edited:

ej8thor

Feb 14, 2010
Canada
ok i have run the bike and pulled the plug once its sat for a few minutes to cool down
its very rich
i replaced my intake gasket and added some silicone as well
i have turned the air fuel as lean as it will go and tried adjusting the clip
i have the cns carb and are you able to buy other main jets for it
will mikuni jets work since its a copy

ej8thor

Feb 14, 2010
Canada
ok so i swaped back to my old carb and the bike runs well
so its the cns carb runing really rich
what size jets do they come with standard as they were un marked
and would a mikuni carb jet work

ej8thor

Feb 14, 2010
Canada
yes rich as in fuel
the float is perfect its a brand new carb
i need to re jet it but i need to find out where i can get some jets for it

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
yes rich as in fuel
the float is perfect its a brand new carb
i need to re jet it but i need to find out where i can get some jets for it
Its like dejavoo, CNS jet size is about .80mm and yes it will be way to rich regardless of where the air/fuel screw is set.
I wouldnt have a clue where to get jets from but this carb is a copy of a delorto i belive, even if you find a jet that fits your lookin at 5-10bucks minimum! i wouldnt waist my time looking.
Solder the jet shut find a drill bit .65-.70mm found at model or hobby shops cost $2
Set the e clip in the middle and see what the plug looks like after you test again.