¨26¨ Rim for the back

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Iam probably going to get a back rim for my motorize bicycle. I already have a good rim. But I can't put a hub adaptor. So Iam looking for one that I could put on a hub adaptor. Iam looking to spend around $100.00, on the back rim. I really don't want one that you can stop when you push back, I rather get one that will spin free, single speed. 26 inch rim. I already have been looking at pirate cycles. ( Alloy w/12 spokes on a shimaro cb-110 hub) ( worksman ss cb-e110 cincher style) But I wish I had more choices. What eles would be a good rim? Or where eles can I buy from. I reall don't want to deal with pirate cycles. I know lot of you got lots of experience and know where and what to get. So Iam asking forr help on where and what to get? Thanks Jose

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Ok Here goes more questions. Since I have been reading up and down the forum, and I still need help. Of the two rims I pick so far. Which one is better? I really like the Worksman rim alot. But I don't know what clincher styles means. And I still have not found A whole lot of places to buy motorize bicycle rims. I plan on getting the hub adaptors and probably a sprocket too. If I cant use my kit sprocket. Thanks Jose

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think clincher rim refers to the way the rim fits the tire. If you get a flat, the tire doesn't go flying off the rim, as you fly by.

Unless you can come up with a good reason not to run a coaster brake I think your best bet is a wheel like the Pirate Cycle one. Probably other shops sell the same wheel. It has big spokes, but the rim sounds like it's probably only single wall. For $100 that's about as good as it's going to get. A Shimano e110 is a good coaster brake, and you can get a good sprocket adapter to fit it.

For $150 you can step up to the next level. Buying wheels is kind of tricky if you start changing styles. Like if you have a coaster brake, but want to go to another kind of brake you need to consider what other components you'll need to make it work, and if your frame is compatible. Then after you figure all that out, there's a lot of possiblitys.

I got this wheel made for about $150. It's alloy double wall, 30mm wide, 12g spokes, Shimano e110.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Thanks I have a 21 speed bike. Iam probably going to take off the 7speed off the back. Or what ever you call it. It shouldn't be that hard. (I hope Not). I also notice that the worksman rim is more wider than a mormal size rim. And I don't think I can put on the tire I have now. Iam going to start taking measurements today. Thanks Jose

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The wheels for bikes with mulit gears have wider axles than wheels with coaster brakes. In other words, they're wider between the drop outs.

The best hub adapter is a Top Hat from Kings. You have to have a disk brake hub rear wheel to use one. A wheel like that would allow you to have a free wheel sprocket on the peddle side.