briggs and stratton rat

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Looks cool, but why the stock gas tank? For extra range? We have a very similar Briggs for my son's go kart that I really want to replace with a 212cc Preddy and use the Briggs on a bike, lol. Our vibrates like a beast, though... Hopefully that will calm down once I seal the air leaks and such.

Does your vibrate pretty badly? At idle it feels like ours is going to shake some fillings loose!

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Briggs, someone needs to tell you that you are riding a disaster waiting to happen.

ONE little caliper brake is all I see. Caliper brakes are the worst and only one of the worst is twice as bad. You need 2 V brakes.

A motorized bike needs to stop a whole lot faster than a 8 mph bicycle.
If something pulls out in front of you -anything, car, dog or whatever. You are a goner.

Drivers seeing a bike (rightly) assume you are going bike speed and they do not judge your actual speed very well.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I agree your brake is crap. V-brakes are a must (at a minimum).

I was riding my homebuilt recumbent on a twisty road, going down a moderate hill at about 38 mph. A guy in a truck pulled up the intersection from a side road (I had no stop sign but he did). He looked right at me as I approached, and started to pull out before it registered in his brain how fast I was really going, then he came to a complete stop. I'm thinking there's gonna be a collision, so by force of habit I apply both brakes; the rear locked a little and started to swing out the rear end a little. I let off the rear brake and it straightened right out, but I continued to use the front brake to slow me more. Scared the bejesus out of me. I have v-brakes front and rear.

Moral of story- you need good brakes. If he had pulled out I would have been able to avoid hitting him due to my brakes.

briggsandstratton

Jul 11, 2012
new york
Looks cool, but why the stock gas tank? For extra range? We have a very similar Briggs for my son's go kart that I really want to replace with a 212cc Preddy and use the Briggs on a bike, lol. Our vibrates like a beast, though... Hopefully that will calm down once I seal the air leaks and such.

Does your vibrate pretty badly? At idle it feels like ours is going to shake some fillings loose!
the vibration isnt bad at all surprisingly i had more with my 2 stroke kit
and yes i use the stock tank for a reserve

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I agree your brake is crap. V-brakes are a must (at a minimum).

I was riding my homebuilt recumbent on a twisty road, going down a moderate hill at about 38 mph. A guy in a truck pulled up the intersection from a side road (I had no stop sign but he did). He looked right at me as I approached, and started to pull out before it registered in his brain how fast I was really going, then he came to a complete stop. I'm thinking there's gonna be a collision, so by force of habit I apply both brakes; the rear locked a little and started to swing out the rear end a little. I let off the rear brake and it straightened right out, but I continued to use the front brake to slow me more. Scared the bejesus out of me. I have v-brakes front and rear.

Moral of story- you need good brakes. If he had pulled out I would have been able to avoid hitting him due to my brakes.

your seat looks like its a foam covered skate board. lookes pretty sweet tho