Johnny 5 is Alive a Short Circuit BTR!

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Labrat,

I am very impressed with your latest build. What's up with those forks? You said you got them off eBay and they are made in India? Do tell more! I have seen different girder forks for sale as copies of bsa, triumph, royal enfield, etc., is yours one of those forks?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but can I be so bold as to ask how much the forks cost?

I really like your creativity with the handlebars and the cool turn signal placement.

Its good to see some down home fabrication on this forum, it has seemed a little slow around here lately.

Looking forward to seeing your flying bike come to fruition.

You done good, son,

Gilbert

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Hey Labrat,

I am very impressed with your latest build. What's up with those forks? You said you got them off eBay and they are made in India? Do tell more! I have seen different girder forks for sale as copies of bsa, triumph, royal enfield, etc., is yours one of those forks?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but can I be so bold as to ask how much the forks cost?

I really like your creativity with the handlebars and the cool turn signal placement.

Its good to see some down home fabrication on this forum, it has seemed a little slow around here lately.

Looking forward to seeing your flying bike come to fruition.

You done good, son,

Gilbert
Thank you.

The ebay seller name is cnolmotorsport there are no Indian springers listed at this time. I would contact him or ask. This seller has Aluminum rep pop panther frames and also sells SS panther fuel tanks. I assume they were imported from SE Asia or India. He is shipping from California his items are state side. The cost was $179.99. They sold out so fast I would bet he will bring more in. I saw 10 get sold, 4 were shipped here. I really like them for the price. Needed bolts upgraded they were stainless and that is just harder than mild steel I have replaced with Grade 8. Tossed all the washers and replaced all bushings with one off hand cut brass. One of the pairs we have here will be upgraded to brass fittings etc and re listed for sale as upgraded pair.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
FYI: he is a local vendor @ our Long Beach Cycle swap. I did look at the forks last time I went. Got one of his leather seats but had to modifiy it, its not a Brooks thats for sure...

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Number 5: "Ooooh! Animal, Mammal, Skunk. Vessel, container, drinking glass. Pasta, samolina, spaghetti. Liquid, spaghetti sauce."

Mirrors. Just Wow to how these fit!

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I saw this, thought of you. A Martin, late 1950s, Japan.

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Number 5: “It’s the all-new Johnny Five! Just look at these items! Increased memory: five hundred megabytes on-line! I come with a utility pack and dozens of gadgets for outdoor living, lots of Greenpeace stickers, and even my own Nike swoosh! And, if you act now, I’ll throw in, absolutely free, my all-new, multi-frequency remote control!”

On board battery box installed.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Number 5: Okay, to make these golden fluffy pancakes... add flour, milk and eggs... Mix thoroughly...
[uses his own motor to rotate the mixer - the bowl contents splatter all over the room]
Number 5: Ooooo... Still lumpy!

Tiny Alternator .... uses vacuum cleaner belt. Likely to turn a custom pulley with the Logan. Stay tuned for more.

Not even gotten to the exhaust work yet... its sure to be double trouble and loud;l my mind is awash with ideas.

Attachments