First 4 stroke kit build

GoldenMotor.com

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I'm just after getting my first 4 stroke build. I built a 2 stroke last year sold it and got a 4 stroke.

Anyway I put the engine on and with a slight bit of welding I was able to put the engine on without messing with the peddles or the gears now I need to extend the peddles about 2 1/2 -3 inches wider.
I was thing of going to a machine shop and getting them to make up with mild steel a thread on one end to screw into where the peddle would go and
thread on the other end where the peddle arm with screw into.

Has anyone done this before ?

Shey

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
You'd be better off swapping out the crankarms for some of the forged bent ones. Adding an extender onto your existing pedals out of mild steel would be looking for trouble. You'd be likely to bend them the first time to got on the bike. You'll want to search for "wide pedal crank kit". All the bike motor vendors have them from cheap to not so cheap depending on what you want to spend.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm just after getting my first 4 stroke build. I built a 2 stroke last year sold it and got a 4 stroke.

Anyway I put the engine on and with a slight bit of welding I was able to put the engine on without messing with the peddles or the gears now I need to extend the peddles about 2 1/2 -3 inches wider.
I was thing of going to a machine shop and getting them to make up with mild steel a thread on one end to screw into where the peddle would go and
thread on the other end where the peddle arm with screw into.

Has anyone done this before ?

Shey
Seen them but not tried one.
Got a pic of your bike?

If your left pedal is hitting the bottom of the transfer case, just rotate the TC up until it clears and put 4 new mount holes in.

That worked on this bike just dandy.

I just tilted the 4G up until the cover was level and the stock crank arms go right under it.

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I built it on a hybred bike and it fits into the frame perfect but the engine is a bit too
wide and I can't peddle properly. I want to keep all the gears at the front as over here in Ireland there are alot of hills also I found when I get the bike up to speed I can keep it there and just peddle in top gear.
I would need to extend the peddles out about 2 1/2 Inches each side so I don't think
the steel would bend. I'm going to talk to a guy that runs a machine shop to see that he says. I'll keep you posted.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well, I suppose how well the extenders would work depends on how hard you want to pedal it.
I use pedals off the line on a direct drive 49cc but that's about it.

Again it depends on where your pedals are hitting, there can be moved for free like shown above.