World's Best Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
First Post on the forum been biking for around 5 years. Playing with happytime "80cc" and some pitbike motors as well.

Images of my first build are below; 66cc, angled "high compression head" 36t sprocket, custom electrics and MSD lead, 3 prong plug, port work, intake work, dellorto carb with performance air filter. On 29'' wheels will pull 40-45mph easy on a flat. Still isnt anywhere good enough by my standards.

Its time that a bike is built from the ground up, every nut bolt and washer made for a purpose when money is not a factor.

Keep scrolling...

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum mate (^) keep on building!

You can take your time, spend a lot of money and build one of these if ya wanna race in the big class. Not meant for street riding however :D

Built on a stock beach cruiser frame.....the sky is the limit. You don't wanna know how fast it can go.....

cheers .wee.

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
As I said that was my very FIRST build
This is the latest, And this one I can ride on the street too without hassle :)

Proudly sponsoring some of the best brand names of both bicycle and motorised bicycle companies around the globe.

Frame: Designed and Assembled in Melbourne, Australia Allegros Bikes M2 Frame 6061 Alloy Tripple butted tubing. Medium size frame.
Weighs bugger all, super strong at the joints, disc brake compatible perfect frame for the build. Not cheap as Aussie made. Goes for around $800. Happy to support local business though

Wheels: Custom 6 spoke magnesium alloy wheels. Best ones I could find had them custom made, almost same weight as 36 spoke heavy duty wheels anyway. Sealed Japanese bearings, quick hub release.
Never need to be trued, tough as nails and cool as ****.

Suspension: Rock Shox Reba Race Made in USA Compression, rebound adjustment. Awesome shocks, damn expensive though, service runs $120 here, $559 brand new.

Tyres: Semi Slick 2.35inch tyres with heavy duty thornproof tubes. Not a puncture or flat to this day. Best tyres IMO as on road they ride on the centre flat, the knobs provide stability when cornering and yes of course offroad is an option, especially with the shocks

The Engine and the Rest:

When I say this is build from ground up I mean it. Blank Castings purchased and machines by ScreamingRoo in Perth, Australia.
> German Made C3 anti vibration bearings fitted
> Computer Balanced Crank
> Modified CrankCase
> Stainless Steel HT Head Studs with 12.9 HT Nuts/Lock Washers
> Hellicoils Fitted to studs (Basically impossible to ever over tighten head studs or strip or break them)
> 12.9HT Grade Cap head bolts all round.
> Custom quiet clutch/gear setup with machined clutch face, clutch arm ect.
> Hardened and machined crank rod and Japanese Made crank bearings
> JN Motors Experimental Reed cylinder. (The most aggressive cylinder work I have ever seen, took a chance and it bloody paid off)
> Juice Moto Titanium Wrist Pin bearing (Lightens piston setup)
> Bronze Wrist Pin Bushing (Best to use with lightened setup, gives (debatable) higher RPM + DOES give better reliability.
> JN Motors Experimental Reed Piston, Lightened with Custom Machined Window and cutouts, super light perfect for reed setup.
> CR Machine 5.8cc High Compression Competition Billet Aluminum head
> Juice Moto .16'' Custom Copper Head Gasket. Never a leak, transfers heat to massive cooling area of head, plus increases compression.
> NGK Iridium Spark Plug Heat matched 8 series
> Billet Aluminum RSE Reed valve, big shoutout for Tony at RockSolidEngines for this custom setup. (Yes I know its not crank induction but I wanted something proven and yes this does the job bloody well, plus I can use a walbro carb )
> Billet Aluminum Walbro HP3 Carb, not your average small walbro. Custom machined big venturi. Independent High/Low needles for instant best tune. Never leaks, never gets clogged. Revs like no tomorrow.
> Billet Aluminum Velocity stack with custom throttle setup
> Unifilter Air Pod, Custom made for RSE. Great stuff.
> Billet Aluminum Exhaust Header, all custom port flowed into the:
> SBP Nickel Plated Exhaust system. I went over the entire exhaust even taking quite a bit of material off for more flow. Once again, a proven system.
> Go cart polyurethane Fuel Line
> 2.5lt Custom Matt Black Fuel Take
> SBP Chrome High Flow Fuel Tap and gauze
> High flow pit bike fuel filter
> Pit Bike Air vent for fuel tank, no overflows or leaks now really recommended mod.
> Pit Bike 1/4 Turn Billet Alloy throttle assembly. Amazing throttle response especially with walbro carb
> Pit Bike Kill switch assembly
> Custom flat bar 6061 Handlebars with billet spacers, Japanese headset bearings.
> Digital Speedometer with Odometer, time ect
> Dual Alloy 8 LED Headlamps
> Chrome Clutch Lever
> Rear View Mirror (Comes in damn handy)
> Alloy BMX Custom Grips (To match Red/black theme of this bike, yes I go for Essendon (Red/Black team colors)
> Alloy Dual Brake Lever
> Chrome Tyre Caps (Yes the LED ones that make a blue ring around the wheel when night riding, just like the TRON movies :) )
> 8 Speed alloy thump shifter, have tried grip and this one is so damn easy, plus a great click when shifting.
> HD Lightning CDI
> Upgraded Coil Pack
> Super Magneto courtesy of ScreamingRoo. Custom made for them. DOUBLE coils, MUCH higher voltage produced no "white light wire" just pure power.
> MSD Made in USA Superconductor Spark Plug Lead
^ These plus the super magneto, ngk iridium make the best spark Ive ever seen out of a bike motor.

> SBP HD Shift Kit (upgraded freewheel ect) plus all the goodies chain break, crank tool ect, came in really handy
> SBP RHS and LHS Chain tensioners, a must have not just for alignment but for less adjusting the chain
> GOLD KMC 410 titainium pin, alti drop, leightweight, ect ect best chains I could find
> Same GOLD KMC 3/32 rear chain anti stretch, anti drop, cutouts, ect ect
> Shimano Nickel Chrome Plated rear cassette 32-11 (28t second gear is used to get from 0 to around 25kmph in a snap)
> Shimano Once again Japanese made Ultegra 6500 Chrome rear derailleur short cage ideal for single chainwheel.
> Jagwire Custom red cable/crimp set, less friction, cooler looks and lighter as well
> Rear LED 8 Mode Taillight
> Custom Dual Spring Seat so damn comfy.
> Oh year and the:
Avid BB7 (Best Mechanical Disc Brakes)
+ Avid HSX Rotors ($80 a pair) head shedding disc brake rotors, amazing for downhill runs when im not flooring it
+ Chrome Crank Arms
+ Billet Alloy Pedals
+ Heaps of other stuff

Runs 50:1 98 RON Octane Fuel to Motul 800 Full Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil, Also have some great redline high rev 2 stroke stuff that I use too.

Let me know what I missed and bombard me with questions.

Done 250km will pull 80kmph with ease, to scared to try anything over, $1700 fine and 2 years suspension for driving one of these that fast here in VIC, Australia.

Vid Coming

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As I said that was my very FIRST build
This is the latest, And this one I can ride on the street too without hassle :)

Proudly sponsoring some of the best brand names of both bicycle and motorised bicycle companies around the globe.

Vid Coming
As I said, "welcome to the forum mate (^) keep on building!"

This is a compliment and I think you're doing a great job....welcome!

Sorry I never made it down to Vic........NSW, Queensland and WA rock!!!

dnut

check this out http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Nice work,
And welcome to the forum.
I can see a lot of time, thought and a bit of money there, nicely executed.
I'd love to see it 'in person'.
And you got to love them Roo's.

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah they are a great engine and Dino is an excellent engine builder. Having someone machine the crankcase and do the balancing is a big help when trying to assemble the rest of the engine and the rest of the bike. Thousands spent but well worth it.

As for seeing it in person Im sure you will see me zipping around one day :p
Look for the fast moving chrome thing beating cars!
xct2

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Are you a member of the 'Screaming Roo' Forum?
Dino would love to see some photos.
I have a couple of bikes with similar set ups, so I have a bit of an idea how she might go and I bet she rips!
However my budget is rather stretched, mostly from having too many bikes, all of which I would like to throw a couple a hundred at, so none of mine have the level of finish you have achieved or the quality of accesories, I'm a bit jealous!, again well done.
I try to stay focused on one at a time, but being able to swap parts helps get a lot done without spending too much on better suited parts to go with a theme.
I now really want to build a frame from scratch, to deal with the potential power of these motors, over 80KPH on a push bike does kind of feel like pushing the limit of good sense.
However a little under tooled and resourced to undertake the project to the level of finish I would want to achieve.
One day!

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Dino will probably want my head for this as I put in a warranty claim for the engine as when I got it brand new it was defective :(
Thats when he did all the custom work that hes never done on any other engine.

Anyway so to file a claim the engine and setup has to be stock and untouched.

Needless to say mines not exactly.... stock....

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Dino did have a few teething problems, but I think he has worked very hard at not just building a better motor, but also honoring any warranty stuff above and beyond the call of duty. I waited till I thought he had all the bugs ironed out before ordering mine, and I have no complaints although my Roo didn't stay standard for long.
Would love to see inside that barrel.

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
"Would love to see inside that barrel"

Todays your lucky day :)

In terms of the actual engine of the bike I first purchased the ScreamingRoo 66cc balanced engine kit. I fitted the engine to another similar bike and it was good... for around an hour before it stopped. Explained the issue to dino and it was found that the 12.9HT headbolts (yes bolts NOT studs) were the issue.
Heres some pics of the bike/engine BEFORE the engine was completely stripped and rebuilt:

Attachments

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Soon after the initial build I began to upgrade...
(the previous pics were more for the warranty claim :p I never ran the bike "stock" like that:
This was the setup at the time of failure:

Attachments

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
After the failure I had had enough of things not working right so decided to go on a parts spending spree and get the best of everything I could find.

Got lucky as JN motors sent me something I had never even seen before instead of what I ordered (performance cylinder/piston pack)
INSTEAD they send me a one of a kind reed case system which has never been replicated. BIG shout out to those guys.
With a little of my own work I was able to pair the piston/cylinder to some lightweight components from Juice Moto and Rock Solid Engines, basically grabbing the best of what each company had to offer.
Heres the cylinder/piston before final modification and assembly:

Attachments

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Finally, got the engine back from Dino with all the modifications done to it by him and then final work by me. Never seen the work done on any other ROO or motorized engine and first one I know with helicoils and stainless steel head studs as well + modified crankcase, computer balanced crank, rod ect ect.

Surprisingly, drilling the hole and threading in the RSE pulse line for the walbro carb was damn easy, nothing high temp loctite wont do.

Heres a pic of the stainless steel head studs BEFORE the top end including the cylinder was replaced along with everything else on the engine!

Also a pic of ONE of the super magnetos is attached, not the final product which looks a bit different but still get the general jist. Higher quality, 1 single coil instead of 2 (no white wire). Thicker gauge wires to hanlde increased power generated. Also I think the magnets on the Roo's are a lot better and the spacing it spot on. + 12.9 grade bolts washers ect.
Big difference in power with HD Lightning CDI, High performance stand alone coil, MSD super conductor lead, NGK iridium plug + super magneto!

Attachments

SpeedAus

Aug 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Finally, got my **** together and build the bike and engine, took ages but well worth it and not a single failure yet. It just goes.
Once I put it through its paces Ill post some vids of it running.
People will argue there are better pipes out there but the nickel plated SBP pipe looks great, sounds great and performs amazingly, the power band is huge with the reed valve and around 3000rpm I can easily pull a wheelie in first
(Im light at 65~kg so that helps speed too :) )

Only issue I had with assembly I spoke to Tony about at RSE, the stock mounting position on the velocity stack of the RSE reed setup is not positioned perfectly in relation to the walbro carb. Mine snapped off due to stress of pulling it on an angle.
I re threaded the alloy stack, put a stainless steel HT bolt through there then threaded the post back on. Red loctite and it hasnt budged a bit, plus its in the perfect position now :) All for the best.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
My Roo also came with the stainless studs and helicoils, I probably received mine around the same time as you did.
Also had similar problem with the reed block mounting holes being out by a mm relative to the Walbro.
First reed block I got from Tony was good, second one was out by a mm?