bought an ez Qmatic system HELP PLEASE

GoldenMotor.com

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
I watched the fellow THATS DAX install almost the same system on a GT bike , now the bike he put it on is the same as mine ,I need this motor to move forward and the motor plate that came with the kit just wont work,the kit Dax used seemed to be the one I should use ,it pulls out from the back leaving the front up close ,and when I talked too the person I bought it from ,think he said he was in California ,well hes telling me I have to buy a different mount or try and rig the one I got up?
and futher more this q-matic has to bolt up the seat post in the directions it says must bolt up to it! but there was and brackets for it to do so..
also the muffler needs to bolt to the frame also ,and theres no bracket for that either ?
spent a lot of money for this kit it would be great if I could get it mounted right ...
so here is a few pics
you can see on dax blue bike how far the plate is up front
on my bike with the mount they gave me I pushed it all the way up but there is no way it will work like that ,in the other pic of the mount they sent me , I moved it as forward as it would go and still be able to bolt to the mount ,but it pretty much stay in the middle

Attachments

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
even this motor plate looks like it would be better
seems a lot longer then the one I received and has three adjustment inside of the plate ...
contacted e-mailed ezm no response yet ,grr

Attachments

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jim71, I think I may have a motor mount like the last one you have a photo of. I'll look tomorrow and see. If it's like the one in the picture you can have it if you want.
Dan

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
Thank you very much Dan
Please let me know
Im in the hospital at the moment but if you
Could check that would be great!
Thank you
Jim

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jim, Looks to be the motor mount you are interested in. If you want to PM me with your address I'll send it your way this week. Good luck at the hospital.
Dan

Professor_Fate

May 11, 2011
H.B./O.C. Calif
Here are a few pics of how I mounted a Q-matic. I had to move the motor plate forward as well so I took my dremel and enlarged the sliding mounts. I believe the main reason there was no seat tube mounting bracket included is that all bikes have diff angles and placements on seat tubes in relation to the down tubes. Once I had the motor set forward/backwards and height I used a high quality C-clamp and bolted it around the seat tube. I did have to drill holes into the clutch bearing bracket and fab a small metal bracket to align with C-clamp. Also, DO NOT TRUST cheap nuts and bolts. Replace EVERYTHING you can with quality steel replacements and nylocks and or threadlock.

drn2

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Mark in H.B.

Last edited:

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
Here are a few pics of how I mounted a Q-matic. I had to move the motor plate forward as well so I took my dremel and enlarged the sliding mounts. I believe the main reason there was no seat tube mounting bracket included is that all bikes have diff angles and placements on seat tubes in relation to the down tubes. Once I had the motor set forward/backwards and height I used a high quality C-clamp and bolted it around the seat tube. I did have to drill holes into the clutch bearing bracket and fab a small metal bracket to align with C-clamp. Also, DO NOT TRUST cheap nuts and bolts. Replace EVERYTHING you can with quality steel replacements and nylocks and or threadlock.

drn2

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Mark in H.B.
Yeah my frame is different
My engine needs to move forward because my frame tube isn't
Rounded like yours
The qmatic is hitting the frame rail going to the rear wheel
Yours is rounded
Mine is a mountain bike
Thank you for the pics it does give me ideas on other things tho

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jim, just mailed the adjustable motor mount this morning at the post office. Hope you are home soon and the mount works for you. Keep us informed on your build.
Good Luck, Dan

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
thank you dan!
that was super nice of you to go out of your way for me!!!
I cant thank you enough!!!
Jim..
finally out of the hospital !

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Glad to hear you are home. Just following thru with generosity and goodwill that goes on everyday on this site. This bunch of motorbike wingnuts will go out their way to help others and I'm glad to be one of them. Post a thread on your build and feel free to ask questions. There are a lot of smart folks just waiting to help.
Good Luck, Dan

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
well you helped me out big time!! and I thank you !!
you are a good dude for sure!!!
thanks again !
gona post a few pics ..