Can you guys tell me if this set up will work?

GoldenMotor.com

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I have this bike;

I just ordered this;

And i want to end up with this;

The reason i chosed the friction kit versus the "normal" kit is because the friction kit is very easy to disengage and i can pedal without any drag at all.
Did i do the right thing? this is my very first aproach to this hobby.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm glad you didn't risk dinging up that nice frame with a frame mounted kit. Use a street tire on the back (no knobby) and it should work great.

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I'm glad you didn't risk dinging up that nice frame with a frame mounted kit. Use a street tire on the back (no knobby) and it should work great.
I have no idea what i'm doing!!
I'm sure i will have a million questions when my honda kit arrives!

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Well, the build is complete, the only difference is that by son thought that the Giant was too nice to make ugly so he took it and brought me his piece of junk!!
I installed the Honda kit, so easy even a cave man (me) can do it, it took about 30 minutes without reading the instructions.
Took it for a spin and it is no race bike by no means but it will take me from A to B without getting me in trouble with the law, had it up to about 20, wanted to take it easy since i could not find any break in instructions anywhere.

Kinda expensive kit but honda is known for reliability.cvlt1

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Thanks GearNut!! rode my first 10 miles, encountered 2 police cars, they looked at me, smiled and kept going, i think i'm gonna like this hobby!!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Mountain bikes with elevated chain stays like that were the rage for a while. Mrazek still makes a bike with the elevated chain stays.