HELP!Bike is super loud.

GoldenMotor.com

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
straight to the point.
engine became very loud without warning while riding.

checked muffler-tight
checked headbolts-tight

did it blow a gasket or something?.i don't know what to do please help.

EDIT:it was the exhaust gasket.part of it broke so it wasn't working.

Last edited:

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Check for oily black residue around the backside of exhaust flange.
If you have a mess it's the exhaust gasket.It will blow all over the cylinder jug.

If you have an oily mess between the head of the cylinder and the fins on the cylinder jug, it's the head gasket.

Did you check the exhaust pipe at the outlet end?
You might have lost the end cap. That would make a racket for sure.

You'll have to keep your eyes and ears open for tell tale evidence. It should be pretty obvious.

TiM

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
Check for oily black residue around the backside of exhaust flange.
If you have a mess it's the exhaust gasket.It will blow all over the cylinder jug.

If you have an oily mess between the head of the cylinder and the fins on the cylinder jug, it's the head gasket.

Did you check the exhaust pipe at the outlet end?
You might have lost the end cap. That would make a racket for sure.

You'll have to keep your eyes and ears open for tell tale evidence. It should be pretty obvious.

TiM
i have no oil leaks.well maybe a little but not any more then before and it was quiet at first.so maybe its this cap thing?what does it look like?

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
Nah then its still there.
I have no idea what the problem is now.
Maybe cause its ending break in period?
Cause if this is normal im not gonna ride it and blow my ears out.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
I have a stethescope hanging in my garage for finding noise sources.
You just DO NOT get the tube at the end with the little sound catcher very close to any possibe air pressure or super loud noise source ( I take off the sound catcher and just use the tube). Wave it around in the suspected area and you will see where the leak is.
Another option is to take sound protection ear muffs and fit them up with a tube to catch sound.

daimok

May 1, 2011
NC
transmission fluid added to the gas will make the motor smoke ALOT. mix a small batch of gas and fluid and run it , cover the exaust pipe and see where the smoke comes out

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
Ok guys,thanks for the suggestions.
I suspect the muffler gasket is at fault.
I took the muffler out and part of the gasket was missing
Im not shure if it broke while removing or before.
Anyways the whole gasket fell apart while trying to get it out,so i am going to fix that and see what happens.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
I am tired of trying to figure out how to start a new thread so I am just going to ask if someone else can start one for me. I want to know if anyone has put a 4stroke huasheng engine on a Schwinn Occ stingray chopper bike, without doing any mods to it. I have a motor mount for it that I purchased to simulate the v frame but after I put a the mount plate on I dont know if I can fit the engine in vertically. I cant find one on the net that has this motor. If you can tell me how to post a new thread or just cut and past the above in a new thread for me I would appreciated it.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am tired of trying to figure out how to start a new thread so I am just going to ask if someone else can start one for me. I want to know if anyone has put a 4stroke huasheng engine on a Schwinn Occ stingray chopper bike, without doing any mods to it. I have a motor mount for it that I purchased to simulate the v frame but after I put a the mount plate on I dont know if I can fit the engine in vertically. I cant find one on the net that has this motor. If you can tell me how to post a new thread or just cut and past the above in a new thread for me I would appreciated it.
Or you can type your query here at the Google custom search bar.

To post a new thread find a subject heading that best suits where your post belongs. Note the Arrows. Then go here..