*vid* Inside a MOTOVELO bike engine (what makes them the best)

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
lets break this down by the numbers,first off your trying to sell 2 cycle engine kits on the largest bicycle forum that has members that have broken down and reassembled their own 2 cycle engines,these same people can close their eyes and see all the parts in their heads cause they have that much experience and knowledge on what different kits thru out the years have on them or in them.
so now knowing that fact is like insulting people who have dedicated their time on this forum to manufacture aftermarket parts,fixes,or upgrades to these engine kits and saying you've got the "best" and showing off parts that are now standard in ANY basic engine kit internally or in the box itself.

next is your claim that your the only one who ships in CA so that makes people feel like they have to do business with you therefore justifying the extreme price range. the fact is YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SHIP IN CALIFORNIA. and anyone who can use goolge or takes the time to search will find this out.

where were you when you built your first MB? didn't you want to buy from a vendor that offered a good deal and not some one who was gonna rip you off? there are people here that are just getting into to MB's and have no idea that your trying to take them for a ride,but us experienced guys know what your up to. so just be a little more honest and stop selling hype to make a sale.
I'm not trying to sell, I make a living doing this. About $10k a month actually.
Where was I when I build my first MB? 10 years old with my dad. I've been building bikes my whole life bro. I'm not ripping ANYONE OFF. We stand by the product and give excellent customer service. I'm always here to answer the phone and give advise, and if there happens to be a problem, we fix it immediately.
I'm very honest, thank you. I wish I had a POS engine to compare ours to. The kind with bushings, and ****ty intakes etc..

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I would believe you if you do ONE thing: SHOW us the iron sleeved cylinder. Saying you have it and not showing it is where many are having a problem with you. You need different rings for a iron cylinder not just Parkerized iron rings, Hi Speed chrome rings or chrome-moly.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Mediocre vids?

Show me better ones.

‪Too much fun on Motorbikes (www.motovelo.us)‬‏ - YouTube
‪www.Motovelo.US - Extreme performance bicycle engine kits! CA approved! $250 shipped!‬‏ - YouTube
‪motovelo motorized california legal motorbike moped motorized bicycle‬‏ - YouTube

That's not much editing work for me. I do some of the most complicated graphics jobs possible, but like a more direct approach to showing our products. For reference, see my reel here:

The Show reel of digital artist Aydin Ozan on Vimeo
OK, let's do this.

The reel is weak. Composting leaves little to be desired. Typography looks as if it came from a bad tutorial in 2001. Anyone can achieve the effects in Final Cut. Editing is weak. There are no motion graphics. Intro shot drops frames as the bike's going by. Putting grainy film effects and overused grading on bad footage doesn't make it better. Mixing 4x3 footage with 16x9 never works. And I won't even talk about the "grungy swirls" and skip editing...How's your C4D skills these days? Aftereffects? Oh ya, you showed those from the tutorial rips that are in your reel. Can you give me the link to the stock sparks you use in your intro to some of your vids?

If you're as good as you claim, there would be client projects. Not just projects featuring the same girl...over and over. And let's not even talk about the song. And how about the last ten seconds of the reel? Black and silence? Pro.

And if you are wanting to show your "product" in a more "direct" approach, why shoot with a cell phone cam? Says, "We're PRO," all over it. Direct. I like it...If you know you're stuff in video, then you know what sells. People are savvy these days. A crappy vid shot in 2 min on a cell is gonna show. Take a bit of pride in what you're putting out there. Don't try to polish a turd.

Look, I get what you are trying to do...it ain't working. Trying to bring something fresh to motorized bicycle riding is good. Just don't bring BS.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
OK I have been sitting back drinking my wine cooler and munching popcorn all the way through this thread.

First off you need to substantiate your claims a little better before you waltz in here and take on some of the members that know what they are talking about. I myself have only been building china engines for about a year but I am a Briggs and Stratton certified Master Service Tech and a certified tech for Stihl,Target, Tecumseh, Tillotson, Walbro and many other manufacturers and have worked in the small engine for 30+ years, as well as a Journeyman machinist.

Claiming to make 10K a month in this industry is something you would have to prove to me by letting us see some of your shop. I would think it very difficult to make that kind of money with a Dremel tool like you show in the video above. At least you could have used a pneumatic die grinder and carbide cutting tool it might have given you a little more credibility, LOL...

I think I would also be a little more careful about what I post to YouTube especially if you are going to make these kinds of claims. It is easy enough to search you out for a business license and tax number with the state. If I were really upset with your actions and in California I would simply turn the above video over to the state EPA or who ever is in charge of emissions because by your own account at time interval 1:48 you say when showing what you do to the muffler " what we do with the modified kits is remove this tube here and drill an additional hole here". My thinking is that the mufflers and catalytic converters are a sore point of contention for EPA certification and modifying them in the manner you show is a BIG violation of the law. I darn sure would not admit that I did it on modified kits nor would I post such a statement online as a means of advertisement.

Last edited:

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
OK I have been sitting back drinking my wine cooler and munching popcorn all the way through this thread.

First off you need to substantiate your claims a little better before you waltz in here and take on some of the members that know what they are talking about. I myself have only been building china engines for about a year but I am a Briggs and Stratton certified Master Service Tech as well as certified with Stihl,Target, Tecumseh, Tillotson, Walbro and many other manufacturers and have worked in the small engine for 30+ years and am also a Journeyman machinist.

Claiming to make 10K a month in this industry is something you would have to prove to me by letting us see some of your shop. I would think it very difficult to make that kind of money with a Dremel tool like you show in the video above. At least you could have used a pneumatic die grinder and carbide cutting tool it might have given you a little more credibility, LOL...

I think I would also be a little more careful about what I post to YouTube especially if you are going to make these kinds of claims. It is easy enough to search you out for a business license and tax number with the state. If I were really upset with your actions and in California I would simply turn the above video over to the state EPA or who ever is in charge of emissions because by your own account at time interval 1:48 you say when showing what you do to the muffler " what we do with the modified kits is remove this tube here and drill an additional hole here". My thinking is that the mufflers are a sore point of contention for EPA certification and modifying them in the manner you show is a violation of the law. I darn sure not admit that I did it on modified nor would I post such a statement online as a means of advertisement.
Oh boy! Well said! :eek:

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
OK, let's do this.

The reel is weak. Composting leaves little to be desired. Typography looks as if it came from a bad tutorial in 2001. Anyone can achieve the effects in Final Cut. Editing is weak. There are no motion graphics. Intro shot drops frames as the bike's going by. Putting grainy film effects and overused grading on bad footage doesn't make it better. Mixing 4x3 footage with 16x9 never works. And I won't even talk about the "grungy swirls" and skip editing...How's your C4D skills these days? Aftereffects? Oh ya, you showed those from the tutorial rips that are in your reel. Can you give me the link to the stock sparks you use in your intro to some of your vids?

If you're as good as you claim, there would be client projects. Not just projects featuring the same girl...over and over. And let's not even talk about the song. And how about the last ten seconds of the reel? Black and silence? Pro.

And if you are wanting to show your "product" in a more "direct" approach, why shoot with a cell phone cam? Says, "We're PRO," all over it. Direct. I like it...If you know you're stuff in video, then you know what sells. People are savvy these days. A crappy vid shot in 2 min on a cell is gonna show. Take a bit of pride in what you're putting out there. Don't try to polish a turd.

Look, I get what you are trying to do...it ain't working. Trying to bring something fresh to motorized bicycle riding is good. Just don't bring BS.
Wow, you have NO CLUE what the **** youre talking about.
First off, dropping frames?? lol sorry your graphics card cant stream HD video lol. It's smooth as butter.
There is no editing here, just shots cut from one to the next. ITS A COMPOSITING REEL.
The camera projection is all done in C4D you @#$% All compositing with AE and shake.
Sorry you personally dont like the font. No mograph? you're blind. How about the sultanks kitchen logo? the kid on the skateboard?
HAHA you wish I used a tutorial for any of my shots. I dreamed up everything on that reel. My client projects were boring corporate crap. Lots of $$ but nothing nice to look at. Why dont you open your eyes and look around my studio site. OZANMEDIA- Santa Barbara, CA You'll find alot more.
I'm a well versed compositor, color grader, projection mapper, cabible in rotoscoping, matchmoving green screen keying, and mograph.
Fluent in PS, AE, NUKE C4D, and FCP.

Lets see your reel. I've been doing this professionally for years.

Here's some better editing and riding
‪Some of my favourite moments on my R1‬‏ - YouTube

And for motorized bicycle riding I built the Street sprinter
‪Franco Morini SS bike, Italian moped engine, Motovelo 50cc ride‬‏ - YouTube

You sound like an uneducated fool.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

First off you need to substantiate your claims a little better before you waltz in here and take on some of the members that know what they are talking about. I myself have only been building china engines for about a year but I am a Briggs and Stratton certified Master Service Tech and a certified tech for Stihl,Target, Tecumseh, Tillotson, Walbro and many other manufacturers and have worked in the small engine for 30+ years, as well as a Journeyman machinist.

I think I would also be a little more careful about what I post to YouTube especially if you are going to make these kinds of claims. It is easy enough to search you out for a business license and tax number with the state. If I were really upset with your actions and in California I would simply turn the above video over to the state EPA or who ever is in charge of emissions because by your own account at time interval 1:48 you say when showing what you do to the muffler " what we do with the modified kits is remove this tube here and drill an additional hole here". My thinking is that the mufflers and catalytic converters are a sore point of contention for EPA certification and modifying them in the manner you show is a BIG violation of the law. I darn sure would not admit that I did it on modified kits nor would I post such a statement online as a means of advertisement.

Like you can tell what kind of metal the bit is. laff
It IS a tungsten carbide bit.
I've got a full set of air tools too, but the home depot dosnt carry and tungsten carbide 1/4" bits. So I use the dremel .

Don't believe how much money I make, that's fine.
I'm just doing something I love, promoting the hobby and supporting my awesome customers. All while making bank.

Also, I can ship whatever I want due to the disclaimer on my site, that everyone agrees to when buying from Motovelo.
I'm a registered business in SB county.

Have a Great day.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Like you can tell what kind of metal the bit is. laff
It IS a tungsten carbide bit.
I've got a full set of air tools too, but the home depot dosnt carry and tungsten carbide 1/4" bits. So I use the dremel .
Would that be the reason you are using a Harbor Freight Dremel tool also because they don't sell them at Home Depot?

Also, I can ship whatever I want due to the disclaimer on my site, that everyone agrees to when buying from Motovelo.
I'm a registered business in SB county.

Have a Great day.
I don't think a disclaimer will save your butt from State and Federal laws... Glad to get your location, I think I will look you up tomorrow for s*%ts and giggles, maybe pass that video I just ripped from YouTube to the right agency. Might have to do a Harris and BBB search on your "Company" too while I am at it to see what your income is and how many complaints you have filed. You are really catching my interest.

Last edited:

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Would that be the reason you are using a Harbor Freight Dremel tool also because they don't sell them at Home Depot?

I don't think a disclaimer will save your butt from State and Federal laws... Glad to get your location, I think I will look you up tomorrow for s*%ts and giggles, maybe pass that video I just ripped from YouTube to the right agency. Might have to do a Harris and BBB search on your "Company" too while I am at it to see what your income is and how many complaints you have filed. You are really catching my interest.
Let me ask you a serious question. WHY DO YOU GIVE A RATS ASS WHAT MAKE AND MODEL MY DREMEL TOOL IS?? What kind of bored person are you?!?
My disclaimer is the same as for selling nitrous systems/exhausts etc. For race use only. Use it at your discretion.

You can put company in quotations all you want lol as if you are doing some sort of discrediting effect if it makes you feel better, just shows how lame you are pal.

I always take care of my customers, so let me know what ya find!

rmfla <-- you. laff

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'm not the one with anything to prove. Obviously, with the way you are coming back at people, you feel you have to defend you're work as it can not speak for itself...and it can't. I'd like to see any of that make it to broadcast. If it came across my desk, I'd chuckle and hit delete. You're stuff is weak. Design, bikes, company and business ethnics.

Done wasting my time on this thread. I'm sure your 10g's a week won't mind the loss of my business...not that you ever had it.

And still no answer as to what and why your engines are better....

Good luck to you.

Oh and by the way:

I think she can handle HD vimeo videos just fine...should I do a screen cap of my 12 core 24 gig Mac Pro tomorrow when I get in the studio? Maybe it's hacking my home system...

Last edited:

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
I'm not the one with anything to prove. Obviously, with the way you are coming back at people, you feel you have to defend you're work as it can not speak for itself...and it can't. I'd like to see any of that make it to broadcast. If it came across my desk, I'd chuckle and hit delete. You're stuff is weak. Design, bikes, company and business ethnics.

Done wasting my time on this thread. I'm sure your 10g's a week won't mind the loss of my business...not that you ever had it.

And still no answer as to what and why your engines are better....

Good luck to you.

I think she can handle HD vimeo videos just fine...should I do a screen cap of my 12 core 24 gig Mac Pro tomorrow when I get in the studio? Maybe it's hacking my home system...
Oh so you're in the business, chuckling at people, working with Mac's like mine.. So let's see your reel. Why havent' you posted it up yet? What gives Brad? You may not like my art, but technically speaking it's correct. Your opinion is subjective, and really dosn't matter. I've accomplished alot, and yes I do tend to prove it.
So instead of talking the talk, let's SEE what you CAN DO.

The way im coming back at people is entirely reflective of their attitude towards me. if it's crap you're going to get S**t.

BTW Download the video and watch it. It plays perfectly. Sorry if you're having technical difficulties viewing it there dorky

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
Well, I in no means mean to get into this S*** storm you guys have at the moment.... But plain and simple.... I have taken a tungsten carbide bit on an airpowered die grinder and port matched all the ports on my Grubee Skyhawk GT5 from Gasbike.net. I also made a custom exhaust, and milled the head. My bike runs 40mph.... This is alot from a completely stock engine with an unbalance crank and crappy pot metal. Now, I am looking into building what I have deemed to be the RED ROCKET. I am a louisiana resident and would love to compete in the Death Race. So I am looking for the best engines you can buy on a budget. Please tell me why I should buy your engine, vs buying another Grubee Skyhawk GT5 on sale for 140$ with free shipping?

xct2

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The intro should have been shot at a higher frame rate...no need to download. You shot half your vids with a cell phone...you're up-charging your kits. With still no explanation. And your work "design" speaking isn't correct. There are no signs of any training in basic rules of design principles. You can be a computer geek all you want and know programs inside and out...that doesn't make what you do aesthetically pleasing...nor do "reels" on vimeo.

I've signed a non-compete. No reel and no reason to prove otherwise. Get it? No...surprise. Glad you've accomplished a lot. Proves why you would need to start another business selling cheap Chinese motors at 2x's the cost.

Also, glad you did your research and found my name.

Look, you've had the right idea. Trying to improve a market that is somewhat lacking in over aesthetic is a good idea. I, as well as other people on the board feel you have went about it the wrong way. There are several reputable vendors on the site who back their goods without coming on here and getting all puffed up. Why? They don't have to. Their prices, products and services speak for themselves. Just take note of that.

Truly, I'm done with this. Hope you sell tons more. Just ease up on the "Bigger, Better, Fastest" without claims. That's all. Beer time.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
The intro should have been shot at a higher frame rate...no need to download. You shot half your vids with a cell phone...you're up-charging your kits. With still no explanation. And your work "design" speaking isn't correct. There are no signs of any training in basic rules of design principles. You can be a computer geek all you want and know programs inside and out...that doesn't make what you do aesthetically pleasing...nor do "reels" on vimeo.

I've signed a non-compete. No reel and no reason to prove otherwise. Get it? No...surprise. Glad you've accomplished a lot. Proves why you would need to start another business selling cheap Chinese motors at 2x's the cost.

Also, glad you did your research and found my name.

Look, you've had the right idea. Trying to improve a market that is somewhat lacking in over aesthetic is a good idea. I, as well as other people on the board feel you have went about it the wrong way. There are several reputable vendors on the site who back their goods without coming on here and getting all puffed up. Why? They don't have to. Their prices, products and services speak for themselves. Just take note of that.

Truly, I'm done with this. Hope you sell tons more. Just ease up on the "Bigger, Better, Fastest" without claims. That's all. Beer time.

Stay focused dorky. We are jumpin' all over the place here. Talking about my show reel, The frame rate is 24, and IT PLAYS FINE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT YOU CANT SEE THAT??! LOL. I do a wheelie by the camera at 70 odd mph and there's no frame rate deviation.
I'm not a computer geek at all, I just know how to use the industry leading programs, as evidenced by my work. MY PERSONAL show reel shows I know how to create what ever I want to, and clients can see my capabilities. You're the only person who I've encountered saying my work is not aesthetically pleasing.

PEOPLE, PLEASE LOOK AT THE REEL AND LET US KNOW IF IT'S AESTHETICALLY PLEASING!

OZANMEDIA- Santa Barbara, CA and It starts auto-playing.

So you talk all this smack and have NOTHING TO BACK IT UP WITH LOLOLOL HAHAHAH you suck. I didn't do any research Brad, it was on the picture you posted dork.

Have fun with your lonely beer.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The point isn't the quality of your video - it's the contents of your video and how it is misleading from the title. This is getting way sidetracked. I would love to see what all is modified in the stock kits with some calipers on film, as your actual video shows that you have a warehouse filled with kit boxes.

I don't care how much you make, I would love to see what separates your motors from everyone elses. What's the actual manufacturer? What are the dimensions of the upgraded/modded parts?

I'm sure you can understand why that's a very valid request.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Name calling...wow. Awesome. Look at the customers flock. And seriously, what makes that motor so good?

And the hole get's deeper.

And if you must, here's a link to my design/photo studio my wife, best friend and I run based in DC and Chicago, which I shoot/design for while when not working at an undisclosed firm producing motion graphics...
http://www.overexposedblog.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.