Need help with clutch setup on BGF kit

GoldenMotor.com

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
The BGF kit comes with a PDF with extremely low-res images that show you how to set up the clutch cable and other parts...but I can't make out anything from them other than the fact that a spring is used somewhere in there.

Does anyone have a nice high-res and clear image showing where the clutch cable connects to the motor on a basic Chinese 2-stroke kit? Thanks.

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
that's the exact same thing I already have. that picture is like 200 pixels across...there has to be a high resolution one, I'm talking several megapixels, so you can actually see what's going on there.

all I can tell from that picture is there's a spring in there somewhere

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Hey max just did my clutch set up last night and My instr. didnt give me much help either but heres what I did....

If your kit came with 2 springs (one larger diameter, and one smaller) the smaller diameter one goes between the brass clutch arm, and the silver round fitting. Your clutch cable goes in from the silver round fitting side and seats in that fitting, and the cable extends through the spring and through the slot on the clutch arm. Pull the clutch arm in untill you get rid of the slack and then put on and tighten the cable stop fitting......sounds confusing but ill go take a pic of mine to show you.

-Dan

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
You bet....The big spring is just to shield the cable from the direct heat of the cylinder, But the made NO menation at all in the instructions of how any of this assembly went together............luckily ive done a bit of work on motorcycles in the past, but still it was trial and error for me too. Glad I could help!

Oh and one other thing, Its hard to do, but make sure you get all of the slack out of the clutch arm before you tighten the cable clamp so your clutch will fully disengage. It seems like theres no way that arm could possibly push in towards the motor without breaking because its so stiff, but it will when you hook up the handle!
-Dan