This forum is like a stack of story books .

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Sometimes I'll get up early on the week end and grab a cup of mudd and start reading different posts on this forum . I usually only view the Tavern , General discussion , Paint , Pics , and Swap . I like to respond to posts if it interests me and I can give some bit of constructive advice . I like to post a new thread if I have a funny thought or just want to practice typing , which I am very slow at . Most of all I like discovering new stories , real life stories from the wide varieties of fellows that post here . Today's discoveries , one worked in a shipyard , one worked with hot rods and air planes , one worked in marketing . The last time I visited I read stories from a retired cop , and a man that just survived a heart attack . Some stories were about theft, ripp offs , Murphy's Law stories , or just ragging on something . What used to be a forum , for me to get input on MB troubleshooting , has evolved on to a forum of bits and pieces of real life experiences . What a great way to sort of sit down and read the Saturday or Sunday morning paper before starting the day . P. S. An added bonus was to sometimes get a look into your most secret and sacred place , your garage .

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I am totally hooked also , i find something of interest every time i log on .
I think the best thing is the lack of stratifaction , from a first day newbie to the most experianced builder everyone chimes in on topic posts. While there are little tiffs now and then (like bairdco vs blow by you ;) ) lol ,they mostly end as Fast as they start. I have meet many new friends because of contact here, and learned many things that might have takin me awhile to figure out on my own. I love to see what other guys/gals are building, and value the group effort to fight for our rights to ride what we want .
Plus I get to run my yap and no one can stop me ( insert manical laugh here).
Just kidding paul i'll behave....

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am one of those who rambles, and I am ashamed of it. Especially when some youngster says I take up too much space talking about nothing. What else can I do, I come here with no special skills at all. Like most old men with nothing to say, I just ramble on.

I can remember when I first stated, I ran a long long tread about riding my new kit bike. I called it riding in the hood. I am still amazed at how young I felt, when kids ran to the curb to stare and me with wonder in their eyes. It was such a trill.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm retired now, with no duties or real responsibilities except keeping the wife and dogs happy, the yard mowed and the chores done. As a moderator I'm expected to keep my eye on things; new posts, spammers, political or religious arguments, etc. because its my only job now. But I also spend a lot of time just reading here. Like Lefty said, I've found a lot of interest in seeing who my companions in this crazy hobby are. I see oldies, youngsters, mid-life thrill seekers and the guy next door looking for a fun and unusual pastime. Unlike most hobbies, golf, hiking, sports and other motor sports, motorbicycling is in its infancy, comparatively, and it has attracted an interesting cross section of people. Predominately male, most from the continental United States and from varied backgrounds and economic levels. Motorized Bicycles are a relatively inexpensive way to explore the world of motor vehicles. The older of our members are enjoying a fantasy born of their youth; that of having a bicycle with a motor on it. Others are experienced two wheeled riders who have been there and done that as far as motorcycles are concerned and are looking for something less expensive and still offer some of the attractions of open air, two wheeled fun. Then there are those with little to no mechanical experience or background who see a motorbike as a means of cheap transportation and/or a fun hobby to either enjoy for themselves or hopefully share with their offspring. The father/son/daughter combination is one that I really enjoy reading about. I was fortunate enough to have a dad who shared these kinds of experiences with me. I always like to see a member tell us that he is building a bike with his son/daughter. Good for him :)
Again, as a moderator, I spend more hours on the forum that most members but it has become a satisfying pass time and certainly a pleasurable one. Thank you members for making this place what it is today. Not just for me, but for everyone who shares our interests.
Tom

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
no offence to anybody but you guys make me feel old, i just turned 22 on the 16th of march and i actually havent been on this forum for a while now (since august, thats wen i started driving again and forgot about my bike) but today i rebuilt a ****ty china motor put it on and went for a good boot and now here I am back on the forum checkin up on new stories to keep me entertained, and i come across this thread and it reminds me why this forum is great and im not gonna lie alot of you oldies know quite some secrets and knowledge with this stuff and its great to learn a thing or two about the simplest engine ever produced (in my opinnion) and lil tricks to make them run better

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Yep spit-fire,long ago before there was was even color in the world,even if memory fails us that can be proven 'cause there are still pictures from that time and they don't have any color ,just different shades of gray,back when you weren't even a twinkle in your daddys eye yet.............

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Why is everyone who posts there age retired or twenty something , were are all my fellow midlife crisis forty somethings. ;)
You hit upon (in my opnion) the real value of the forum. A giant melting pot of ideas and tech. That one can access with out missconseptions,and at your own pace. Age and location drop away and mostly whats left is a love of the hobby and the urge to help others avoid mistakes you've already made.
If we all lived in the same town the forum would be the back of someones shop, were the crusty old chairs are pushed against the wall . Were people ride up drop off there opnion on something ,work on there bike for a min. Then ride on. To me the forum is a cyber shop , were there are twentysix hundred other guys stoping by. The internet was suposed to create a border less community were info was no longer controled by corp. Or the state, for once it looks like it worked.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Old is not for sissies . And you being 22 Mr.Spit , god bless you and hold on to your hat . Time is now going to travel a little faster , then a little later ,you will be going in to warp drive . Be healthy , safe , and make memories . Take care of your body and it will last you a lifetime .

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hey, Spit Fire, oldies EH. Well KID your in the race wether you know it or not. We just got to the finish line ahead of you because we got an earlier start.

Leftywoody is too right about age. Wasn't too long ago that I was 22 and now the old horse and I are riding down hard on 68 and the horse is breaking out into a lather to get there.
Trust me I'm pulling up hard on the reins to slow him down but it doesn't help at all.

Since your in Brampton this will give you a sense of time. The Mississauga Town Hall is sitting where my house was in 1949. What is now Eglington Ave (I think) was in my day Burnhamthorpe Rd and all gravel. They put oil on twice a year to keep the dust down.
Highway 410 goes through the back of my parents farm.
Square One Mall is built on Mr. Carrs farm.
I walked from the farm to Cooksville to go to school with my friends if someone couldn't drive us.
No school buses in those days.

We had a tv and it was the only one in the area but on saturday night we still went to the movies in Cooksville or Brampton. Brampton had the better theater.

That's how things change in your life. Take photos so you can show people what you saw in your time.

Haven't been back in the area in 50 years. Everything I knew is long gone.

Steve.

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
i use to talk on face book or skim through craigslist all night. since i joined this forumit really all i've been on for a week.I like it here so much i wrote a thank you forum thread and thats a big thing for me cause im a grouchy bastard

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
i use to talk on face book or skim through craigslist all night. since i joined this forumit really all i've been on for a week.I like it here so much i wrote a thank you forum thread and thats a big thing for me cause im a grouchy bastard
Did you used to live next to me????? :>)