Deacon Hall of Shame

GoldenMotor.com

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Deacon,

Here in Phoenix it is an epidemic. Thank goodness the Realtors (Lost Our Home Pet Foundation) are contacting the local rescue & adoption groups to find homes for these babies.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and help us all be on the look out for abandoned pets in foreclosed homes.

2Dawgs

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm sure the people really wanted to leave their homes and pets, but if it's then about survival, who would choose their pet's life over their own. You want to verbally punish the people who've lost their homes and have little or no money and no options- as prices keep going up and social services stay lacking.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
NashvilleKat,

You totally missed the point. No one is judging the people for losing their homes or the ability to continue to take care of their pets. They still have a responsibility to at least turn them over to the pound; this certianly better than lettingthem die by stravation or from the adverse weather conditions.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I don't know about other towns and city's but here there is numerous organizations that will take your pet and find a home for it at no cost.They will even come and pick them up for you. Plus you still have the option of animal control which sadly does not make a effort to adopt out. There's no excuse for just leaving your pet behind.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Anyone who abandons an animal is a coward and a loser. There is no excuse like "It's a matter of survival". Maybe those people should have made better decisions or changed their spending habits and not punished their "pets" for their bad choices in life.

Even homeless people can take care of a dog or cat.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The people who left their dogs to starve or die from the heat are not poor innocents. I'm sorry you have to be totally stupid and uncaring to leave a dog to starve, when it takes just one phone call to get it help. If not an adoption then at least a humane death, if there is such a thing.

I still say they do not deserve any sympathy for that. So they lost their house to no fault of their own, for that I truly am sorry. But it is no excuse to mistreat one of gods most trusting and helpless creatures. When you accept a dog's love, you damn well owe him or her love in return. If you can't do so little for them, then don't accept them in the first place. I personally would put the chain around their neck, while they told me their hard luck story. Sorry I just can't find sympathy for anyone who would abandon an animal in a closed up environment with no food and water.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Fo'sho'!

I would love to give the lame-o's what dump animals a quick lesson in what that's like....maybe drop them off in the heart of Gary, Indiana with nothing but an empty stomach and a horrified look on their face?

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I live outside of Tampa. My area is where they get dropped off.

It has been going on for years but lately it seems worse.

It is very sad. I want to take them all in but we already buy 44 lbs of week of dog food for the ones we took in.

It's really tough when they follow me on my bike rides wanting a friend.

Most apts around here say no pets.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
MB that is gut wrenching I know.... That isn't fair but at least they have a chance, not like the ones locked in the backyard of an abandoned house. Left alone to die.