Pocket Turbocharger + Huasheng = Boom?

GoldenMotor.com

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
When it was on my bike it pulled all the way to 30mph. On a flat road. Going uphill, maybe 20 or so. Going down I wouldn't push it past 31-32. This motor has to last a bit. That was a 19.1:1 ratio on 24" wheels on a scwhinn delmar.
that was because your a light rider and probably geared good..

me im 325 lbs with a 60 tooth sproket i get tops 22 mph fast enough for this old timer any faster on a bike is nuts what if someone opened a car door going 50 mph id rather be at 20 and live lol

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
im 165 pounds, with a bike pushing 100 pounds, and that same motor will pull me around all day long at 40 mph. i run a 16-1 gear ratio. clutch wont lock up till 15 mph or so, but i can cruise at 25 at a super low rpm.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
When it was on my bike it pulled all the way to 30mph. On a flat road. Going uphill, maybe 20 or so. Going down I wouldn't push it past 31-32. This motor has to last a bit. That was a 19.1:1 ratio on 24" wheels on a scwhinn delmar.

its all in the rider weight and gearing.. oh my bike is 100lbs with all the stuff and im 325 im at the max.. i have a high gear ratio to take off and climb hills.. so yours is made for speed.. these motors are just not built for pulling us though there utility engines marketed to sell on bikes.. if your doing 40 mph thats scary... i hope you take a lane when you do.. id rather have torq and a lower speed than speed and have to pedal from a stop

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i do, i take my lane like i am legally entitled to. and i take it safe, i always wear my DOT helmet, leather gloves, and steel toed boots. the boots i always wear, they are my work boots, and they are so comfortable that i havent even owned a pair of shoes in over a year. and while it can do 40, im an quite content putting around at 25 mph, with the low gearing it sounds pretty good. i do plan on getting or building a jackshaft for my bike, it does get tiring always having to pedal from a stop, especially when you get caught in a chain of red lights

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Hey again guys,

I took a forced break from motorbiking for a while but now I am back. I think it's sweet that efi/ turbo kits have been developed for small engines. I'd love to see someone here try to make one work on a CAG/ HT/ or HS engine and document their experience.

Locutus, I would speak with Duane from thatsdax. Supposedly, he had a few super HS engines built that put out another hp or so. But yeah, if we're dealing with .3hp on a 1.8hp engine, we're talking solid gains! That's almost a 17% increase in performance, far more than you'd get from an intake upgrade on a car engine... Power is all relative, especially when we're talking about a 35 lb bike vs a 3200 lb car haha.

Not trying to target you here but I've had an ASE certified mechanic install the wrong EFI harness in my car... Another needlessly replaced my automatic transmission after an incorrect problem diagnosis. ASE certified mechanics have cost me around $4000... Certifications are nice, but they are no guarantee.