Cracked Gear

GoldenMotor.com

BigW-RD

Apr 18, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello, has anyone ever broke or cracked a small bevel wheel (this is the gear that rides next to your clutch gear,,the small one) My son and I where riding to go eat breakfast the other morning and he went across a driveway and on the other side it was very rough bump, nothing I thought should caused it,but the gear cracked along the teeth and caused the keyway to come out and quit pulling, I tore it down and found gear cracked. I called Bikeberry and they said to send it back and they would replace it, He has about 3 hrs on engine, hopefully we will have it running before the weekend. Peace Out BigW-RDusflg

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I think I saw one crack one time but it was so long ago I dont think I can find the link for it. Hope you get it up and running soon.

BigW-RD

Apr 18, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks, Bikeberry has been great, I went ahead and ordered a new one on line while we send the cracked one back,so we will have a extra. my son Loves his bike,,,,We took it to a Car Show this Saturday and he really turned some heads, he's 14 yrs.old and enjoys his Chopper Bike. When I figure out how to download pics I will post them.

BigW-RD

Apr 18, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
I received the new gear in the mail Monday, I work nights, so when I got home Tuesday morning I installed new gear in about 40 minutes and off for breakfast we went. Runs great I wish we would have done this WAY sooner.Thanks everyone.BigW-RDdance1

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
My son cracked a gear on his MB, the woodruf key slid out the back of the gear and found home in between the large and small bevel gear. Large gear fixable, small replaced (thanks Pirate).