Tool Time

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a few tools, but I don't have a clue what they are...so I couldn't tell you if you were right or wrong.
Still want me to post them?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The wooden "tool" is something I found in a lost tools book I got from the library. The others I found in an abandoned, fallen down house.
I know what the first is and use it regularly, the others I think I know, or at least have a clue what they go with.

Attachments

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Joe they look like pouncing tools,If the photo was more detailed i could see if they had a roller with teeth.If the do they are used to roll along a pattern,the teeth punch holes in the paper you then pounce powder over the holes to transfure the inage .Pin stripers used them They were used in the clothing buisness to make patterns.HD.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Pouncing tools, yes! The two with the spiked rollers are just part of the stash I found in an abandoned house....

Now what are the other three?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
NEAT TIMES guessed them all in a PM to me....here's my reply.

Yes, it's actually a scissor sharpener, (the tool with the "dual circles").
The "plane" is (I think) a needle sharpener....it has a very fine file inside and the metal (aluminum) piece is angle adjustable.

The wooden tool is made to hold stock of any kind (especially round) against the "fence", then put the other bottom fence against the edge of your workbench. Finally, put your saw in the little groove and saw away for super easy square ends! Great for modelling, balsa, wooden dowels, PVC pipe, tubing ect. ect.

All the little hand tools came in a sewing kit with thread and a tiny oil can. They were inside the drawer of a rotten old treadle type sewing machine, in the ruins of an old house.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I added the wooden cut off holder to throw you guys off. I found a book at the library showing "lost tools" and that was one of them.

Don't know how I ever got by building things in the shop without one....oh the aluminum tubing I have butchered before I made that!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You are both right

photo 1&2 is for the Hub

photo 3&4 is for the axle nut

I have so many of these damn things I cannot even remember what vehicle they fit lol.

Last edited: