Honda GX160............. w/electric start

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My first experience with a GX engine was with a rototiller. Next experience was with a 3" water pump I used to drain my pond down half way and run a fire hose. That pump had some serious power!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My first experience with a GX engine was with a rototiller. Next experience was with a 3" water pump I used to drain my pond down half way and run a fire hose. That pump had some serious power!
Yeah, maybe I should just attach it to a snow blower and sell it on Craig's list East of the Rockies........why waste a good motor on a bicycle?

dnut

Last edited:

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman
Hey Scotto,

You mentioned possibly using the 4G gearbox on this build. Does the gearbox bolt up to the motor?

Looks like this engine is going to be the one to use in the >50cc Mid Range Class.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto,

You mentioned possibly using the 4G gearbox on this build. Does the gearbox bolt up to the motor?

Looks like this engine is going to be the one to use in the >50cc Mid Range Class.
I was joking when I mentioned all the different tranny applications......a Hoot? Reeeeeeally?laff

This engine will be mounted in the tandem and raced in that class (>50cc Mid Range Class) if it's to be raced again. We'll see what the future has in store for us......I'll be focused on the <11hp. class with my 212cc Pred build.

dnut

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman
LOL, yea I didn't think you were serious because you also mentioned the hoot, but who knows with your fab skills...

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Scotto,
How's the build so far? I think i'm getting bore with the 99cc already. Not sure if I want to up to to the pred 212 or the gx160.
For us noobs, it'll be great to hear the difference between riding a 99cc vs gx160 vs pred 212 :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Scotto,
How's the build so far? I think i'm getting bore with the 99cc already. Not sure if I want to up to to the pred 212 or the gx160.
For us noobs, it'll be great to hear the difference between riding a 99cc vs gx160 vs pred 212 :)
Watch this video of scoootto's 212 cc preddie flying around a 1/4 mile paved oval.
yep, the 99 cc is sloooow....

http://youtu.be/GrBmdMXMYhc

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto,
If ya wanna cruise, you ride the 99cc. If ya wanna cruise a little faster, you ride the 160cc.

If ya wanna fly, the 212cc will do just that!

.wee.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. Thankyou MotorBicycleRacing for the video of scotto-'s 212. I didn't realize the extent of performance of a motorized bicycle with high performance bicycle tires and wheels and engine parts combined with an experienced rider. Wow. Scotto you were speeding around that track I think at times running 63-65mph. The people at the seats liked it alot and me too. It got their adrenaline going for sure. The engine sounds good. Is it running at 8000 or more rpm? Your riding reminds me of the song: we were "Born to be Wild". Thanks again. Hey scotto- if this is an appropriate question here do you think the Q-Matic is strong enough and safe to fit on a Honda GX160? Thankyou.