66cc seized up will not move

GoldenMotor.com

Vince

Sep 30, 2011
canada
well i think i ruined my engine, it is seized and will not move i took the head off and its differently, seized up is there a way to fix that or should i just get another engine..??

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
wrist pin bearing they are a common problem if you dont keep this engine well lubed i blew mine a few weeks ago when i made the mistake of going to 40:1 and leaning it out it started as a small noise and started to get worse i caught it before it destructed though

Vince

Sep 30, 2011
canada
i think whats wrong is the berring on the piston arm. whats that called ???

crank connector bearing

yeah so when i took off the cylinder wall, i tryed to move the piston by hand and it gets stuck i can force it then it will work for a few turns, then gets stuck again, so i think its the crank connector bearing, what do you guys think??

Last edited:

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
crank connector bearing

yeah so when i took off the cylinder wall, i tryed to move the piston by hand and it gets stuck i can force it then it will work for a few turns, then gets stuck again, so i think its the crank connector bearing, what do you guys think??
I am wondering, when you say you "took off the cylinder wall", do you mean you have the whole cylinder off and are looking at the piston fully exposed? If that is the case and the motor binds (with the cylinder removed) then it seems the source of your problem may be in the bottom end.

You can pull the piston off easy enough to get a look at the needle (aka crank connector) bearing if you have the cylinder off. Use some needle nose pliers to twist the "e" clip out of one side of the piston and the rod should come right out, piston comes off and you're looking at that bearing. You should see at this point whether the bearing is bad or something in the bottom end is binding. It could be both, the bearing could have gone and some debris from it may have landed in the bottom end and is causing some binding.

There are all sorts of possible causes and outcomes, some may be a cheap/simple fix, others more complicated and expensive. My advice is just dig in and see what you find....