MY 80cc GONE BOGGERS

GoldenMotor.com

gasbikerxl

Sep 24, 2012
u.s.
my 80cc gasbike is bogging down when I open the throttle all the way. My engine has roughly 2K mls. on it. Engine compression seems okay, I put a new gasket on intake manifold, no improvement. My float valve pintle has a groove worn on it from seating in the float valve seat, could that cause bogging? Does the inner diameter of the fuel line affect this? Could to much oil in gas cause this. The problem goes away when I close the gastank valve, until I run all the fuel out of the line.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
What kind of carb?

Mine did that several years back with the old stock NT carb and intake- cleared up when I put a straight billet on- the motors fairly level- and the speed carb helped too when that came along- How does it run withn the gas cap off- is it venting?

Mine was recently bogging down after stops and after I'd put this tINY little $2 gas filter on- changed back to kit filter and it went right away.

If it runs fine sometimes, it's probably not the oil mixture- if I run too much it starts dripping out the exhaust- but too little was a problem in break-in

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
If he's bogging is at WOT moving the clip probably wont help, cause the needle should be out of the jet at WOT. Since you say the problem goes away with the fuel valve off (until it runs out of gas) I would assume the fuel level in your carb is going too high for some reason. This is usually a problem that you run across during initial setup rather than 2K miles down the road, however, if you say your pintle has a groove warn into it perhaps that groove is effecting the way the needle valve reads the float position? It seems to me this might be your problem. I would get a carb rebuild kit and replace the worn parts, or just get another carb and swap it out. If you do swap carbs you probably want to swap the jet from your old carb into the new, cause who knows what size jet will be in a new carb (or at least find a way to compare/verify the jets have the same size opening).