Starting issue

GoldenMotor.com

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
My brand new engine, after running alright for a few days, is having trouble starting. I have finally gotten it to the point where it will start for about a second or two, and then sputter out. It feels to have no power during that brief second too. I have disconnected all the electrical stuff, and it does the same exact thing. I have checked almost everything, and really need to get this thing running? Is it possible it could be the cdi box? Any suggestions would be great! thanks:-||

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
I ended up getting it running ok. I have really no idea what caused it not to start, but I unhooked everything and re did the wiring from the cdi to the mag. That is a really useful google doc, next time I will go through that first!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I ended up getting it running ok. I have really no idea what caused it not to start, but I unhooked everything and re did the wiring from the cdi to the mag. That is a really useful google doc, next time I will go through that first!
Another problem solved :>) Glad you got it running no matter what the problem was.

bodtech

Mar 20, 2012
niles mi
I had the same problem at first...try getting a new good spark plug wire and change it screwing it into the cdi box and an american boot and put a screwed- on plug end on the plug as it should be not chinese crap..........I think it will help