Need Help

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
My engine worked fine and then all of a sudden it wont even turn over. When I let out the clutch the engine makes no noise to start what so ever like it should. Even if Im out of fuel I have noticed that it still makes the engine sound. Im not sure at all about engines. I know it has clutch because it still dosnt roll. Any one ever had this problem.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Im guessing I have no spark. I have done searches and have come up with nothing. I have a killswitch and I diconected that. I did start once and when it did the engine seemed to be reving and not pulling very hard.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Ok when I let out of the clutch it seems like the gears are not catching. I have another bike and when I let the clutch out it catches real hard. The bike that is not working almost seems like when the clutch is let out it is almost still in, it still catches but not like it should. I have went through all my electrical all that is fine its got to be somthing else, I have read somthing about a little clip or somthing but cant seem to find that post any more.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
The first time this happened yes I did have a chain snag, it wouldnt start but then all of a sudden it started and then i didnt have this problem, i didnt have any snags today when this happened. I m not sure what you mean by the key sheared Im going to read this post about the clutch. And I assume you are talking about the small sprocket in the motor I will check that. Does them seem like a clutch issue to you?

Thanks for the help and sorry Im not good with motors your help will be greatly appreciated!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
The first time this happened yes I did have a chain snag, it wouldnt start but then all of a sudden it started and then i didnt have this problem, i didnt have any snags today when this happened. I m not sure what you mean by the key sheared Im going to read this post about the clutch. And I assume you are talking about the small sprocket in the motor I will check that. Does them seem like a clutch issue to you?

Thanks for the help and sorry Im not good with motors your help will be greatly appreciated!
Look at these pictures, you will know about the keys.

http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Chinese HT breakdown/

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Ok so i took off the big clutch plate. When I engage the clutch the plate moves toward me so thats working. When I disengage the clutch the clutch slips and the gears do not move but once every now and then. I tried to take the plate off to try and but the small screw that holds the flower thing on is so stripped I couldnt get it to turn so Im not sure what to do.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Ok so i took off the big clutch plate. When I engage the clutch the plate moves toward me so thats working. When I disengage the clutch the clutch slips and the gears do not move but once every now and then. I tried to take the plate off to try and but the small screw that holds the flower thing on is so stripped I couldnt get it to turn so Im not sure what to do.
1...With the plug out take a socket and rotate the crankshaft (at the magneto) watch and see if the small gear, or the large gear is the one that won't move. You may need to bind the large gear to test.

NEXT....

2...I'd first take a small chisel and try to work it out counter clockwise. If that fails I'd go to a left handed drill bit, then third I'd use a small easy out.
Sounds like a stripped key to me. Start at 37... http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Chinese HT breakdown/?start=40

Last edited:

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
please don't derail other threads that have nothing to do with your thread. just to point them here.
Who cares if I did that I needed help right away because I was supposed to go on a ride. I knew that would be the quickest way to get answers and help if that makes you angry Im not sure what to do. There are some of the most helpful and polite people on this site, which Im very greatful and then there are some who get mad over things that are not worth getting mad over.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i'm not mad or i wouldn't have used the word please.
it was a request.
if you could tell me a more polite way of asking, i would be in your honour.