crazy question 4 real

GoldenMotor.com

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
ive heard from some Aussies running shine in there bikes, well shine for personal use is legal im most states in us is this the new bio diesel or the real stuff i can and have made both plus wine and honey wine maize here can i make corn meal lightning fuel?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I never tried pure alcohol, but I have seen alcohol engines. I would assume, like the man said, with some modifications it would burn. I don't think alcohol has as much octane but I don't know that for a fact. My Tecumseh engine runs on a 25/1 mix so I'm not sure how hot it burns either, but it has plenty of power.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I've been a brewer for about twenty years now and if legal could make several differnet types of fuel. However any production of any substance ( for human consumption or not) over 13% al/bv is concidered a dist. Process and is TECH. Ilegal. ( on a fed. Level,and varies from state to state) . The process of tax dert. Would kill any small scale operation.
That said i would work with corn myself , in that one may produce both ethanol and corn oil and feed stock is fariley cheap ( or self grown ).
There is alot of talk about switch grass and several other plants that can be used also.
Rejeting your carb for diferent fuel ves. (or spec.Grav.) would be nessary , as gas has an s.g. Lower than water.
All this aside it can be done, rudolph desiel ( a prussian btw) was determined to create an engine that ran on whatever a farmer could grow.

Just doing a calc in my head i would guess that a ten gal. Batch of corn would create fuel enough for around a 1000 miles , so well worth doing .
Homegrown fuels have been tossed around for a few years now and last i heard is still stuck at the fed level in that :
1 they want there tax money ( no matter what you plan to use it for )
2 you need a lic. Both fed and state.
3 an inspector needs to verify tax det. And al/bv PER batch at your expense
4 any alc. Not for human consumption must have an additive making it quote " un palatable to humans" at least here in IL.
Most of witch i dont want in my engine. (labs often use iodine)

All that bs aside i still think it 's worth trying , laws can be changed and with gas prices climbing all the time , it makes self prod. Cash smart.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
This may sound a bit fantastic but is a viable tech. If layed out in small regional co-op's (say around ten miles apart) with a work force payed in fuel credit and (idealy tax free) fuel sails to public .
Areas with greater production would suplement others , tradeing credits or fuel.
The foot print of a facility like this is no larger than a small city brew pub. And is most useful on lands that are unwanted for agg. Or housing.
On the small scale home production is possible (once laws are addapted ) and a single rider on average would only need to make a few batchs a year (for per.transport). I however think the potential for accidents at this scale outway it's real usefulness.
Someone with the right pull could get a pilot project set up very easly , perhaps with a ready and waiting customer base (us) , the comercial viability may be more easliy demonstrated.
I might also point out the number of jobs a national system would create. Helping our gnp and further reducing forien oil dep..flg.