Engine jerking???????

GoldenMotor.com

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
Hi there all
I have a 66cc skyhawk engine

Engine has power but just seems to be jerky or missfireing????

Can anyone please share some light on this???????

Thanks in advancezpt

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
jerking??? how fast are you going when this starts cause start off is always abit jerky if the bike wasnt moving fast enough...does it accellerate the go brrrrrrrrrr at maybe 20mph???cause that would be 4 stroking....i think evryone is gonna need some more info on this....love to help you but help me out.....being a skyhawk with the 410 chain ive even seen the chain not feeding onto the engine gear correctly(ive had to sharpen the teeth and tension the chain tight with those)....i dont want to jump to conclusions so lets hear some more

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
jerking??? how fast are you going when this starts cause start off is always abit jerky if the bike wasnt moving fast enough...does it accellerate the go brrrrrrrrrr at maybe 20mph???cause that would be 4 stroking....i think evryone is gonna need some more info on this....love to help you but help me out.....being a skyhawk with the 410 chain ive even seen the chain not feeding onto the engine gear correctly(ive had to sharpen the teeth and tension the chain tight with those)....i dont want to jump to conclusions so lets hear some more
when warmed up....It starts to get jerky When about 15 kmh then stops jerky until top end it revs right out sounds sweet full throttle..( more like misfireing then jerky i think)

I have ngk bp6hs gaped to 0.27

70cc skyhawk slant head
Long street exhaust
"speed" carbi
Twin boost bottles( yes they don't do much just look good)
And i also found when c clip was up 2 notch's from top had no bottom end power what so ever .I needed to half choke the engine just to get it moving(when fully warmed up)
so...
C clip it 2 from bottom
Engine has power but just this misfiring is geting to me
Why would only get power when on a rich setting????
Is it because of boost bottles???
Thanks For your help.bf.

Last edited:

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
Whats the cause for a 2 stroke to be 4 stroking????????
Please more info as i never want myzpt engine to be 4 stroking