route 66 all 2278 miles of it (the 1947 path)

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
We did 1000 miles a few years back,now we want to cruise the entire route 66 plus the 97 miles from my farm to the start in chicago. 2375 miles, 4750 round trip we,re looking to do it in 30 days. I feel its doable at this pace of 160 miles a day, however if I can weasle another week for the trip I will, bringing the pace to 135 miles per day. We took 3 weeks with the round trip to Oklahoma City, which proved to be a very relaxed pace,(just under 100 miles a day). I hope at that pace we can stop and meet some of the folks weve talked on this site. We will stop at the Grand Canyon too. The last trip was incident free for the most part. The wife thinks weve fallen off our rockers, but thats what she thought last time and we made the trip with out any major issues. All the folks Ive talked too here if youre near route 66 let me know, I'd like meet all of you I can. I try to plan everything I can. We are planning this for September. Thanks, Rick

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
We did 1000 miles a few years back,now we want to cruise the entire route 66 plus the 97 miles from my farm to the start in chicago. 2375 miles, 4750 round trip we,re looking to do it in 30 days. I feel its doable at this pace of 160 miles a day, however if I can weasle another week for the trip I will, bringing the pace to 135 miles per day. We took 3 weeks with the round trip to Oklahoma City, which proved to be a very relaxed pace,(just under 100 miles a day). I hope at that pace we can stop and meet some of the folks weve talked on this site. We will stop at the Grand Canyon too. The last trip was incident free for the most part. The wife thinks weve fallen off our rockers, but thats what she thought last time and we made the trip with out any major issues. All the folks Ive talked too here if youre near route 66 let me know, I'd like meet all of you I can. I try to plan everything I can. We are planning this for September. Thanks, Rick
you doing this on a motorized bike? Id like to see pictures of your ride!

Sounds Fun!

.duh.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
locell, they are gas powered tadpoles. They were the 1st tadpoles I built. They have 196cc Greyhound engines. Engines are stripped to bare minimum and stamped 49cc, this makes it appear within legal range.I got to get them out of the barn and tune and lube them. when i do Ill take a few pics.Some of my older builds as well as newer ones are posted all over the site.

nostyle

Nov 27, 2009
Cambodia Town
Your ride sounds great! Wish I could do the whole thing too. I'm going to follow this thread. Would be great to meet up with you folks when your closer to the west coast.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Due to some health issues our trip had to be delayed till next fall. All better now but its to last in the year to do the trip so next september it is