Roll-Down Auction Morini S5 E +Parts

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Motor arrived today and was packed very well, thank you.

I got right to work and found that no spark was produced, dead as a door nail.

Removed the cover and it was exactly what I thought a straight magneto. The magnets were still very magnetic, but no spark. The coil tested 5 Kohms to ground and 1 ohm on the kill wire. Nothing with either the kill open or grounded, I couldn't even shock myself. I've never seen an ignition as dead as this one.

A quick search reveals that no magnetos exist either. No flywheels with magnets either. But people are forever inventive and I did find a cure, the "Black Dragon" which replaces the flywheel and the magneto and has the ever popular "CDI-coil" box. Ordered it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331457581718?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The good news is the motor does look good, has excellent compression, gears have very little lash, there is a strong suck on the intake and the transfers blow air out the plug hole when cranked.

And it is a Morini - :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Glad it made it there and sorry about the spark, something I never checked :p I am glad though not cheap there is a fix and it does look like a good unit.

Start a thread up in the Morini section when you get to getting the bike together. I'll watch :)