USB phone charger?

GoldenMotor.com

Colton46356

Apr 28, 2013
Indiana
So I have a phone mount on my gas tank because I use my phone for the gps speedometer app. The app eats your battery like no other so I was thinking, if you strip the end of a micro USB cord, could I wire it to the white output wire from the engine to charge my phone while I ride?dance1lo

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Bad idea. The phone would be getting unregulated ac power straight into it and even if it did charge it would never stop charging and fry the battery

Mar 31, 2013
RI
here's a link to a nifty little wired speedo at amazon for just over $20.00, or, if you spend another twenty you can get the wireless version here, ...although sometimes the bike's electricals cause interference in the wireless units.

...this way you'll have a dedicated speedometer and you can let your phone just be a phone.

peace, bozo

vinnie

May 24, 2009
Washington DC
So I have a phone mount on my gas tank because I use my phone for the gps speedometer app. The app eats your battery like no other so I was thinking, if you strip the end of a micro USB cord, could I wire it to the white output wire from the engine to charge my phone while I ride?dance1lo
Hey Colton,

How did you mount your phone to your gas tank? I would like to do that for the gps function on my phone. Thanks a lot!