4 stroking and Jet Size

GoldenMotor.com

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Hi I recently put together my first bike and I am having just a few minor problems. First of all I have a 2011 Grubee Skyhawk Gt5 from kingsmotorbikes the link can be found here

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/product_51_detailed.htm

It has a CNS highperformance carb and the needle has no adjusting notches on it so I was wondering if I should go smaller or larger with the jet size if it is 4 stroking at WOT? Also, will the SBP jets work with this newer CNS high performance carb? If not, where would you recomend getting new jets, and what size?

I live in PA and have a mixture of hills and flat sections. I am at an elevation of 466 ft. HELP!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You need to give the engine some time, and miles, before you start worrying about performance. They run better after break-in. Run through a few gallons of 32:1 then see what it needs by checking your spark plug color. New engines need time to reach their full potential. No modifications, no after market 'speed' parts just miles will do more for you than anything.

Tom

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
2door is correct. A little bit of four stroking should go away in time after some miles. Need anything for the CNS, let me know. I have about five of them. I'm here in Dillsburg, Pa.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
mine also fourstrokes at wot
i just dont drive it at wot.
run a few gallons through it and see where it goes from there.
the needle dosent really do anything at wot,as its beyond the taper when wide open.