motorized biker killed in hit and run

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I realize he wasn't using lights or paying enough attention to traffic :(
(he never even slowed down after the first car turned left !!!)
I still feel that anyone hit/hurt or worse, on a MAB, deserves better than that :(:(:(

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes we just had a motorized death i believe it was last week a guy in a motorized bike lost control and hit another vehicle in the down town area

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I don't see a link to video, but I did catch the morning TV news about it.
I gave Tempe police a call just now and asked about it, the gal said she would leave a message for the detectives working that case.

From the brief video I saw he tried to beat a light, but maybe not, in light traffic at that time of day it it is very common for many people to turn left on a green because of no traffic.

I don't know the guy, but as long as he wasn't the one that stole one of my bikes 3 days earlier I want to send some condolences to his family.
I wouldn't mind running into the &^%&^$&^ that hit him and left him laying on the 115F pavement to run away either.
Thief or not, nobody should die like that.

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
that looks like tcams...=P

you guys have to remember, people are stupid...the human mind in general is great at making assumptions but not so much to reacting quickly to the situation around us...

When people see these things, alot of times they do a double take, because what they see doesnt register with what they know.

Light the was probably turning yellow, the car pulled out was waiting for traffic...either couldn't see the bike, or saw the bike, and assumed it was just a bike and couldn't be traveling more than 10mph...

The biker was jamming, looked like he was goin full out with no lights...normaly i stay away from telling people how they should ride. But this is the perfect example...if he would have had a good light, he might be ALIVE... i mean wtf, $20, live or die... your choice...

bangbang880

Mar 22, 2010
Los Angeles
I have to agree that one of the problems with these bikes is that people see you and still think your going 5 or 10 mph. I've had that happen where someone looked right at me then still made a right hand turn infront of me. And I really thnink that's why. (I was fine). So its lucky they are so loud. Maybe giving a lil clue.
And yes lights!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I can see a difference from peddling to the motor. If you are not peddling and going slow is the usual perception of one in a car can cut off a bike. They think they have time to pass you by. I found out that with a motor just ghost peddling changes things to a car waiting for me. Can't ever make any assumptions though its just something I do in my bag of keep alive tricks.

That is a clear shame to see that video. What is really sad is that I bet know one got the license plate # . If ever I wind up in the position of seeing such a thing God please forbid I will have my eye train for a plate number! First aid comes first though.

All it takes is one time that is sad to see. Head lights make all the difference here!

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
It's really a shame some one gets taken out like that. When you are on any bike you need to be so defensive with your moves.
I commute daily I usually leave about 5am, I commute about 12 mi one way on my friction drive weather permitting. I've got it lit up like a Christmas Tree. I should have stock in duracell batteries. lol
\This is a college town, and every morning I see kids going to class, riding like a bat out of H through lights, illegal turns and not one light on their bike. They are just accidents on the way to happen. At that age they think they are invincible. No one is.
Thank God traffic is light at the time of the morning.
My condolences to the family of the poor guy.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I really don't ride in traffic for that exact reason.

The guy just wasn't that visible. The fact that the driver didn't stop is worse than murder in passion, IMHO. That person should suffer.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I found out that with a motor just ghost peddling changes things to a car waiting for me. Can't ever make any assumptions though its just something I do in my bag of keep alive tricks.
I can relate to the 'bag of tricks'.

Here are a few of mine in no particular order as ALL are important in unison to me.

Lights, flashing ones too from 4 PM to 9 AM here if the sun is behind me.
It is hard for a car to see another car with the sun in their eyes, let alone a MB.

A helmet, eye protection, and good shoes!
The good shoes is what gets me. I have had 4 people over to test ride one of my bikes wearing flip-flops!
I have a pair of sneakers with velcro straps and make them wear those.

2 GOOD brakes!
If you can't stop your bike in 10-15' going 25 AND pull in the clutch (if you have one) at the same time you are just begging for trouble.

I also try to travel feeder roads with bike lanes or the canal banks when I can, Phoenix has a lot so it is easy if you look for them and plan your route to use them.

I am not afraid to ride on major (7 lanes with the center turn lane) roads in rush hour if I have to though.
To me the biggest risk is having to stop at major intersections on the road.
People tend to get a little irritated when they want to get through the next green and you are in the way so I get on the sidewalk and use the crosswalk, then go to the next drive-out to get back on the road. For the most part all the traffic has passed and I can get back on the road with ease.

Rest In Peace Bradley Jason Scott, 32, of Mesa Arizona, and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Being slammed by a car and left to fry on the blistering pavement was a brutal way to die.

As for Cody Ryan Davis, 22, of Tempe Arizona, well, I can't even begin to express my disdain for your complete lack of any human compassion.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Just the other day I wanted to turn left at a 4 corner stop and I was stopped on the left side of the road so people can see me turn. This dude going the opposite way in front of me just staring at my bike completely RUNS the four corner as I was about to go left in front of him. He's still staring at my bike as I shake my head. I still don't think he knew what he did.

robbdaman

May 5, 2010
SLO
This is horrible. In my hometown no less, I can't believe the driver kept going. I hope they take that bastard and burn him alive for hit and run.