help a noob out: install question

GoldenMotor.com

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
in the attached pictures, does the drive sprocket sit up too far to drive the chain at a good angle? i've read that it needs to be about horizontal with the rear sprocket, which it probably won't be when i attach the rear sprocket. i was wondering how this will affect it. the motor has to stay in that position; it fits in there almost perfectly.

and yes, i know the carb is on upside down.

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
Re: help a noob out: install question

****, i just realized that i posted this in the electric forum.

sorry guys.

no harm no foul?

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state

no, it will not affect performance at all. What will ,is if the drive sprocket and wheel sprocket are not in straight enough alignment. That would cause the chain to jump of the wheel sprocket which is bad.

Ok i gotta ask, why is the carb mounted upside down ? just top let you knwo, the laws of gravity will make this little carb fail in that position .. hahaha

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

Can't really tell from that picture. Looks as if your carb in upside down though!!

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
we just stuck it on there. it's not tight yet. i'm gonna have to notch the frame for it to fit, so the carb is just sitting there right now, awaiting my dremel tool to do it's work.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
the engine angle is ok and the chain postion is just fine,but your carb is upsidedown!
when putting your carb on intake,it should be as level as possible or fuel may leak from carb bowl.
my engine was a tight fit too,i had to cut and drill my bike to get it to fit center and tight.
my engine and bike runs good.top speed so far 32mph.

Attachments

Last edited:

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn
i think i'm just going to cut the frame for now. i might cut off part of the bent "intake" tube that the carb attaches to to make it fit a bit better as well. will shortening that affect anything?

i'm a welder, so after i cut up the frame i can reinforce everything.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
no.shortening the intake wont hurt nothing,making it longer will thou.
they make a carb with no intake by the way,but so far only sold with kits.
many people have shortened there intake.