front wheel warped

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i got my new carb i ordered on my bike(i had it mounted on the side of bike,but too hard to start and was leaking,so i bought new carb and put back in stock location)plus i moved my fuel tank from the top frame bar back to the rear rack and the bike runs great and starts the first time now.i guess it doesnt make a diffrence where the tank is,even if the tanks petcock is lower than the carb a little.
my speedo is resetting,i guess its to close to the cdi wire(easy fix,i'll move the wire away from it).
i put a double gastket(2nd one made from thick cardboard)on the clutch cover,it was rubbing and making scraping noise,no more noise now.i knew my back wheel was warped slighty because i have to use just my front brake but now i found out why my bike was riding rough at high speeds,the front wheel is warped.my top speed is still around 32mph(may go faster but cant with warped wheels).
so i try and stay around 20mph or so for now.I have a 18" spare front wheel,should i put that on the bike(my wheels and bike right now are 26")but my kick stand wouldnt work if i did that.how you think it would ride with a 18" heavy duty front wheel and a 26" rear wheel?im still waiting to get a new bike.
any ideas would be helpful.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i think i fixed the front wheel,it just needed to be adjusted.theres no locking washers on this cheap mountain bike so its possible to put wheel on crooked.i though just the back wheels were like that.it rides better now,but i dont like the mountain bike tires,wish i had cruiser tires.

my speedo is still resetting.
back wheel is slighty warped but i dont want to take it off.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my back wheel is not warped enough that you can see it,just enough that the back brakes mite rub if i use them,but i will try and adjust them anyway.